Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo L70c not shifting 3-th and 4-th gear

Loukas ยท 2020-12-06 11:03

Hello from greece I just bought a volvo L70C after the test is not shifting 3-th or 4-th gear F/R ... checked the solenoid coils all ok... in the 3-th f gear only the s1 solenoid should get 24 volt but there is also the s3 solenoid coil too getting 24 volts too so it keeps it in the 2-th gear all the time.... can it be the V-ECU??? Cable checked and they are ok

Replies2
  1. #1funwithfuel2020-12-07 08:18

    Probably not the ECU. Check the kick-down button on the lever carrier. Sometimes, folks bump them and they get stuck. The other thing is the possibility of a failed shift solenoid. If 3rd has failed, it won't go past to 4th.

  2. #2Loukas2020-12-08 00:23

    Hello thank you for your attention to my problem but somebody has messed lot of wires to this machine and I'm waiting an electronic guy to come... found a yellow wire on the apsll button was disconnected after I connected it shift up and down only manually not automatically