I recently purchased a volvo l70d from a dealer in the midwest. The radio requires a code to unlock it and i do not have the code I have called dealers and they say theres no way they can look it up. Are there any volvo mechanics out there that may be able to help? Thanks in advance!
Some times previous owners right them down in an owners manual, if not, try giving VIN to a volvo dealer, and last.....radios have come down in price so much over the years try a Walmart /Best Buy etc. Happy Holidays
You have a 24-12 transformer. You can use a regular old radio from anywhere. 512high hit the nail on the head. Walmart , craigslist, the junkyard. It's all workable if you have the patience. Use the existing opening. DO NOT DRILL OR WELD TO THE CAB STRUCTURE IN ANY WAY!!!!! Good luck.
I found the code, pretty ingenious. 5432. Now i have to "unlock" the radio. From what im reading i have to leave the key in pos1 for 2 to 3 hours and it will give me the option to enter the code again. I would have put a new radio in had i not found the code, but something is just attractive about keeping everything factory original to me.
Unlocked it! The key in the radio position for 2 hours trick worked.
The easiest method is to get a free Volvo code and use the video tutorial on how to enter the code properly!