Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

VW bug

Truck Shop ยท 2020-09-06 21:27

How many times do you see the same green vw bug.

Replies11
  1. #1Tugger22020-09-07 00:09

    Lost count, but thanks for putting that movie up brought back good old memories. Car chases these days are sh#t compared to that !

  2. #2AzIron2020-09-07 08:59

    That's because race car drivers are not actors in this day and age but that's an awesome movie I saw that movie when I was 8 for the first time wanted a mustang ever since

  3. #3digger242j2020-09-07 10:45

    The bug overtook them every time the bad guys stopped to put a hubcap back on...

  4. #4wornout wrench2020-09-07 16:19

    Oh Gawd. Nothing to do with green bugs, but... Going back to about 1974. Was out for a ride with some friends. Dan was driving his car with his girl in the front, I was in the back with my girlfriend. My memory is failing, can't remember what he was driving, I think it was a Beaumont with a 396 and a 4 speed. Nice muscle car. So we are out for a cruise, booting down a side road and come up to a cross road with a stop sign for us. Well, Dan is going wayyyyy to fast to stop. He is standing on the binders and we are not going to make it. So what does he do, drops it down into 2nd and floors it. We go through the intersection just about side ways, tires are screaming, probably smoking, I don't know because I wasn't looking. I think I was busy filling my pants. My girlfriend and Dan's girlfriend were both screaming. You know what I remember? Dan yelling at the top of his lungs JUST LIKE STEVE MCQUEEN. YEEEEHHAAAAAWWWWWWWWW. Closest I ever want to be to a Bullitt moment

  5. #5DMiller2020-09-20 15:54

    I am with Digger, I believe they lost the same caps on the Dodge three times each. Quick Change artists!!

  6. #6hosspuller2020-09-20 16:20

    The original Bullitt Mustang was found after many years hidden from the public ... https://www.hagerty.com/media/magazine-features/25-greatest-mustangs-bullitt/

  7. #7.RC.2020-09-21 07:47

    I see they can also change gears with both hands on the steering wheel. There are heaps of continuity problems in that clip. I prefer this one.

  8. #8Truck Shop2020-09-21 07:50

    My mom re-married and lived in Santa Rosa in the late 70's. George the man she married was a photography/movie film nut. When Bullet car chase was being filmed he was there filming also {he knew someone on the film crew and knew where to set up}. There were three mustangs and three chargers used. He met McQueen and Bill Hickman driver of the charger. I saw some of the films he took. The chase scenes were filmed on Sundays. George is long dead and who knows where the films ended up.

  9. #9Welder Dave2020-09-21 20:07

    It amazes me that cars have 18 speed transmissions in a lot of movies and TV shows. Seems they keep shifting for dramatic effect or something. Almost as bad as tires squealing in the dirt.

  10. #10DMiller2020-09-21 20:47

    I hear the engine double throttle double clutch ask myself ?why? Bad synchros?

  11. #11Truck Shop2020-09-21 21:04

    Just the idea of effects in filming of the period. On the big screen eating your pop corn it was right in front of you and loud. Same as today only it's simulated/artificial. Eastwood learned from the spaghetti westerns the art of focusing on certain noises for effect to put you there. In the start of High Plains Drifter as he rides into hell all you can hear is the horses hooves.