Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wacker Neuson EZ38 Hydraulic Leveling Cab

PeterG ยท 2023-07-20 11:25

Just saw this. Strange. Anyone use this model machine, work on them, or know about them? When you tilt the cab, is there a built in gauge that tells you your tilt/slope angle? Seems like a weak link on the strength of the excavator. I prefer to tilt my machine via the blade, working sideways, and checking slope with a magnetic Stabila level on the metal floor sill in the cab.

Replies6
  1. #1KSSS2023-07-20 16:33

    I demoed one for a couple weeks. That was about 5 years ago or more. I don't recall a slope angle gauge in it. WN has been offering this for many years, there is no issue with the durability of the system. One of the jobs I did with it was digging a septic system on a side hill. It was the perfect machine for the job. My only issue I had with the system is that the step into the machine is higher than normal just when sitting flat.

  2. #2PeterG2023-07-20 16:47

    That sounds convenient and nice. I can see using it on a light slope. Crossing a steeper hill close to the maxed out tilt would worry me about tracks coming off when moving the tracks, or slip sliding down the hill when digging.

  3. #3MG842023-07-20 19:58

    Never seen that on a mini. I know that Case (Drott) offered a similar system on their full size excavators back in the 80's. Seen some around, never had the chance to run one.

  4. #4uffex2023-07-22 08:30

    Good day A larger version may be of interest. Kind regards Uffex

  5. #5PeterG2023-07-22 10:58

    So, can you lock it in the up/tilted position as shown to work underneath the machine?

  6. #6uffex2023-07-22 11:16

    Good day Yes as I recall, intended for forestry work. Kind regards Uffex