Hi Folks, I have 3 wain roy quick change buckets for my Cat hoe. The 2 most commonly used buckets fit pretty loosely on the adaptor. It looks like a guy could shim up the bucket and get it a bit tighter but the shim would have to be wedge shaped in cross section. Is anyone familiar with this set-up? Thanks Sean
I've tightened up my WainRoy coupler and two buckets. From my experience you would shim or add thickness by welding on the coupler first until it fits tightly on the less worn bucket. Then shim up the two others. I just made wedges with steel plate by grinding the steel until I could slip the wedges between with the bucket attached. I tack welded them in and removed the bucket to finish the job.
Ive done pretty much what Deon explained on my 3' bucket, except I didn't weld on the coupler at all. It tightened it up for a while, but it seemed to loosen up again quick. I think if I do it again I'm going to try just building that area up with hard-facing rod then grind to fit.
Sounds simple enough. Thanks guys.