Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wanting opions ???

T GRIMM ยท 2010-10-06 21:38

We have a landscaping buisness and have been renting a mini x when we need one but lately it seems as though it never leaves so im looking to buy a good, easy to mantian mini x. Im looking for a mid sized mini and not wanting to spend over 18000. what is going to best fit my needs ??? Thanks

Replies9
  1. #1diggerdave19582010-10-06 23:47

    Hey, T GRIMM. I have been looking for a mini-x for awhile too, I have a Case 580SE backhoe that is a little to big for the jobs i have been getting latley i have check out a few machines and i think i am going to be getting a Bobcat 325 or 331 it will depend on the best deal i can get. either would work for me. but the Dealer support is going to be important. the work i have been bidding on is mostly septic system repairs and they always seem to be in the back yard with a fence around them so the backhoe is out of the question for that kind of work. What kind of machine have you been renting and will the dealer make a deal to rent-purchase for you ????

  2. #2T GRIMM2010-10-07 07:40

    been renting a new holland, and that dealler rents them out, but im not a big fan of the new hollands. I do have a bobcat dealer 10 miles away but they dont like to make any "good" deales for there costomers .

  3. #3strott2010-10-07 14:50

    Kubota or Volvo would be worth a look.

  4. #4KSSS2010-10-08 10:44

    You might look it IHI. I bought a 35J at auction and put 2000 hours on it (had 900 hours on it when I bought it). Traded it when I was ready to buy new and almost got what I gave for it. Excellent excavator and they can be had at a good price. Otherwise there are some used TK 135 coming up on Iron Planet. Not a conventional tail swing mini ex fan, but TK builds a good excavator if you don't mind not having a ZTS machine. On the mini ex purchase itself. You wont regret buying one. It is definetly one of the those machines that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner.

  5. #5rabbit2010-10-19 15:29

    I have a PC 30 Komatsu 7,000 # machine and a EX55 Hitachi, 12,000 # machine used for the same purposes. Love them both. Not much to go wrong just regular maintenance. If you get a grey market machine make sure you can get parts. No trouble with the Komatsu I even got a parts book from Komatsu. But the Hitachi can be a pain and so far no parts or service manuals. :usa

  6. #6Jim Dandy2010-10-20 15:41

    I have a 2000 Yanmar VIO 35-2 that has 2200 hours on it and no major issues except track replacement and 2 new idlers. It has been asked to do a lot. If you are going to be loading in tall dumptrucks alot I think the 35 size machine will frustrate you. When and if business improves I will get a 50 size machine and keep the 35. I will be getting another yanmar. Consider the hydraulic thumb. I don' think you will regret buying the mini X as mine always seems to be very useful on any job and seems to rack up the hours. to me it is the swiss army knife of excavating.

  7. #7sylentmite.ca2010-10-20 17:14

    not sure if this might help, but many excavators have found non-explosive demolition products helpful depending on the application

  8. #8rabbit2010-10-20 19:21

    Right on. :usa

  9. #9Anto Modded2010-10-21 11:50

    Ive worked takeuchi alot and the 2.5 tonne is a nice machine to work. You should hire a few different makes before you make up your mind also. Yanmar is another machine ive worked and is also a great machine. Worke a hitachi 2.5 ton and wasnt too fond of it