Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Warco VD-900 grader

dozeron ยท 2014-01-05 00:57

Hi to all you grader historians. Hopefully someone out there can help me. Back in New Zealand in the early 1950's my dad bought a Warco VD-900 grader for his business. I think it was possibly a Huber-Warco. It was purchased ex War Assets which usually meant the machinery was ex WW2 US Armed Forces. I can't ever remember seeing it so maybe it didn't survive very long. During the war my dad was manpowered into the New Zealand Airfield Construction Squadron and maybe this is where he came across them. I don't know it was self propelled or tractor pulled. At the time of the purchase he was running two IHC TD9's with pulled scoops on road construction. The price he paid makes me think it was powered but I have no idea. I would appreciate any information especially a photo if one was available. About the same time he purchased an early model D4/Athey overloader!!! No wonder they all enjoyed a cold beer at nights after spending a day on one of those. It also didn't last very long to be replaced by a TD-9 tractor on which he mounted the loader component from a A-C model D grader. The first machine I had anything to do with. Best regards, dozeron.

Replies3
  1. #1Scrub Puller2014-01-05 02:39

    Yair . . . dozeron . If you put the search terms "huber-warco" and then "warco-huber" into Google images you get two different sets of links that may lead you to that model. . . some interesting machines there, some like a very looooong sausage dog style tractor. Cheers.

  2. #2mcald622014-02-22 12:34

    Try searching for a Huber Maintainer.I believe this is the same machine. I own a 1947 model with a Hercules gas engine. Hope this helps.

  3. #3mcald622014-02-22 12:41

    I hope this worked.