To MODS here : I posted this in the employees thread but I haven't got much hits and need to fill this position soon, If this post shouldn't be here pls feel free to move. Sorry in advanced. We are a construction company located in the Southeast asia, LAOS. We are currently searching for an Project Manager with extensive experience in hauling earth and good management of equipment cycle for a 03 year contract assignment in LAOS. Job Title: PROJECT MANAGER Length: 03 year contract - Will renew based on need and performance. Payroll: 60,000$ - 85,000$ with performance bonus possiable. Vacation: 65 days / year Description: Candidates will be working with all types of vehicles used in hualing and road maitainace. We are looking for well organized people with leadership and experience working with heavy equipment like bull dozers, 40T ADT trucks, hydraulics, etc. Employees will work long hours and 7 days a week. Candidates will live in a container cabins that can hold 2 people. Food, medical and shelter are all provided. and will have there own company car to use. All resume submissions will be strictly confidential. If you are interested, please submit your resume to : [email protected] BEST REGARDS
IMHO for the job in question, the geographical location, the working hours, & the living conditions on site the reason you have not attracted any interest is that the financial package you are offering is nowhere near what it needs to be to attract the right sort of people. Just my 2 cents. I do a similar job to this and my package with all uplifts included is almost double your offer. Why would I or anyone like me think of applying..?
In all due seriousness, nige is right. To find a project manager for you location and condidtions, youre going to need to put at least put a 1 infront of the numbers you posted.
While the project you discussed with us in prior posts sounds like an interesting job, I agree with the others that the pay scale is far below what will attract qualified help. At least that would hold true for anyone coming from a country in the developed world. There may be qualified people willing to work those conditions for the rate posted, but I would figure them to come from the developing nations, and for that reason, you would need to thoroughly check their abilities. Not bashing anyone, just stating it may be harder to verify than for people from the developed nations. Good luck with your project, and please keep us posted on the progress, as it sounds like an interestimng one to follow.
I agree with everyone else. I would say that you need to fatten the pot and offer a better package. No construction manager is going to double bunk in a 20' container. Anyway good luck with the search.
I had read the original post, in the employment section, and I read this one when it was posted. Since replies in the employment section are supposed to be by PM, I thought we could leave this one here, just to see what sort of feedback you'd get in the open forum. Sorry it hasn't been more positive, but I tend to agree with what the others have posted. I wish you luck.
I agree with the other Members sentiment as well. $60-85K is what most PM's make in the US and they sleep in their own home at night unless the job is out of town and then it's a hotel.:cool2
Digger good call on leaving this up on the site. But that wage scale is for here and maybe a little low even here.