Hi can somebody help me!my 2008 volvo ec240c excavator has weak swing left and right,when I lift the the stick at the same time the swing starts workig normanly.everything else seems to work well.
Good day Volvo Guy I will try to help you but I need some answers, - first the same pump provides oil for both stick and swing, by operation of the stick is blocking one passage to tank. Please come back to me and tell me is the crawlers operate OK on [email protected] Kind regards Uffex
Hi thanks for responding, everything on my machine seems to work fine except the swing is just one speed, slow, and weak. when I use different functions like lifting the stick it works fine. slew brake works fine to. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
It sounds to me like the signal is not stroking the pump up, but when you use the stick or some other function it my stroke it, you might what to tee a gauge into the control line on the pump and see if when you activate the swing if the pressure drop which it should if it does not then you could have a problem in the MCV..
Good day Volvo Guy I have checked the circuit and from your description we suspect a fault of a check valve behind an allen plug tank side adjacent to pump inlet. Lets check it out - the following install a couple of gauges to the pump test points stall the bucket see if the pressure is good - next same thing with bucket in the ground operate the swing -next stall the arm you shoud see pressure on both pumps. Come back with the results. Kind regards Uffex
Okay,I will have to run for pressure gauge, Im not a machanic by trade so be patient with me, I just want to fix as much of my own equipment as I can,if you could let me know exactly what you need that would be very helpfull. Thanks Much
Good day Volvo guy Here is what we guess is the problem, if the attached is not so clear come back to us at [email protected] Kind regards Uffex
Can you tell exactly me where this check valve is located I ran some tests , I'll call pump 1 the pump that is closer to motor when: tilting bucket: pump 1- 800 psi pump- 2 3800 psi lifting stick: pump 1- 800 psi, pump- 2 3500 psi when slewing left: pump 1- 900 psi, pump- 2 600 psi really appreciate this!
Good day Volvo guy We must work some to get a good illustration so just bear with us we will get you the info you need, if you have a direct email address please post it to [email protected] this will make direct communication much easier. Kind regards Uffex
Hi Uffex, I sent you 2 emails already to [email protected] didn't you get them?
Good day Volvo guy No they did not appear send a email to [email protected] we will try another connection, we are still working with a illustration for you. Kind regards Uffex
Hi, i dont know if youre canada spec m/c is the same as uk m/c, if it is and i expect so then all functions are controlled by vehicle ecu which recieves a signal from press sensor in servo line, when lever is moved this in turn sends signal to ecu and ecu tells hyd pump to stroke up and supply flow as req. do u know if u can check your hyd press in service mode on dash? if so select this and u can see servo press reading which should be approx 40 bar on full deflection of lever, also is there any error codes on dash?
Hi, I can get into service mode but I don't see a servo pressure reading, there is a pressure option called- pressure switch swing, I cant start the machine now, Its apart. I will put it back together tomorrow and see what reading I get. I will also try to upload a picture of the dash so you can have a look at the options on the menu.
also no error codes on dash
Hi Uffex, I sent you another email, if you didn't get it you can email me at [email protected]
Hi, it looks as if u r running our type dash but with older B style hyd sys as on hyd menu page we have press sensor link which shows main pump press and servo press readings for all sys components, the 3rd picture u show is i belive is only for auto idle it will be 0 when not in use and 1 when activated.
Hi Billy, I think you are right, I got my machine running and when I press the foot switch the travel port press goes to 1,same thing with other functions, But when I swing the swing menu stays at 0. Any thoughts?
Hi, does the auto idle work when you swing? as this worked by a press switch activated by servo press when you move lever, revs should pick up when o/k
mmm...just checked autu idle doesn't work at all this machine, faulty sensor maybe? I did turn on the auti idle switch.
yes probably, have u got any pressure readings from pump when working swing, u should have approx 200bar with bkt firmly on ground ie stall, and if not is the press ok on other circuits approx 350 bar on end stroke?
when working swing I get approx. 65 bar, other function I get around 250 bar,I just noticed when I lift stick in low idle stick will move, in mid idle stick will stop moving, in high idle stick will start moving again. If I do 2 functions like swing and move stick at same time it works good.
u say u have 65 bar on swing is that with the bkt tight on the ground ie cannot move? also u say u have 250 on stick in, is this on both pumps? with the dipper arm fully in on full revs and lever held completley in?
I HAD ANOTHER LOOK, I'll call pump closer to motor pump 1 High Idle stick deadened: Pump 1-69 bar pump 2-310,.. Mid idle pump 1-69 bar pump 2-41 bar,... low idle pump 1-55 bar pump 2-241 bar bucket in ground high idle swing lever activated: pump 1-69 bar pump-2 34 bar levers completely in
so u have 234 bar on p2 with only swing active? if so this press is close to spec i believe, does the m/c travel straight also?
No, I only have 34 bar on pump 2 with only swing active. All travel functions seem to work fine
sorry have i read this wrong, on swing do u only have 69 and 34 bar ? if so i think your swing motor could be kaput, you will need to check the leak off to tank while operating swing to see if oil is passing thru motor.
yep that's the right reading,So why would the swing work when I use stick and swing at the same time?
pump 1 nearest engine is for swing circuit, i see from your press readings that this pump only appears to deliver a max press of 69 bar, can u raise boom to end stroke and check press on both pumps
boom deadened... pump1 -69 bar, pump2 -310bar with bucket in ground swing and stick activated.....pump1 -206 bar, pump2 -275 bar
sorry its taken so long to reply, trying to get my head round this, im not sure if v block and pumps are what i thought, do you know if the pumps are kawasaki and v block toshiba, i understand that this info may not be readily available but your results do not tally up with what i expected, its poss that u have a fault with a flow control valve in the block but i have no info on where it is situated.
A 240C and 290C have the old negative control system.
you will have to replaced the main control valve. there is a poppet valve that the seat is bad and allowing oil to bypass. when you activate the arm it blocks the passage and forces oil to the swing. are you running any thing on the x1 circuit? if so it will have ths same problem.
Crushermechanic is probably right on this one if the only time the issue gets better is with arm operation. You should also may see issues with delay in arm operation. The arm load check valve is located on the left siade of the MCV. It will be under a good sized allen plug. There will be a verticle row of five of them I believe. It should be the fourth one down and it will be in line and in the middle of the arm 1 spool. With everything on the ground, relaxed and all pressure relieved remove the plug and inspct the check valve and seat(there will be a spring and check under the plug). You can remove all the plugs to inspect and compare them if you wish. If the seat is bad I have seen people try to repair them with a pressed in seat but I have never seen this repair last. The seat usually loosens up in a short time and comes out blocking oil flow in both directions. Best bet is to try to find a replacement valve body or buy new. If the seat and check is good try swing operation while traveling(or try it before you disassemble the MCV) and see how it reacts.
Hi Volvo Guy Did you get your machine fixed ? I have a Volvo EC210Blc with almost identical problems as your machine. Any info would be a great help.
If it is a old series B model there is a regeneration valve to the stick that can be worn out.