I am looking at a Koehring 6633 excavator its a real nice machine 6500 hrs clean as a pin, tight, with a fresh engine and a good bottom. PRICE 25k neg. I don't think that's a bad buy as the other 70klb machines I have looked at in that range either have 15k hrs or look like something has been chewing on then or they are 2000 miles away. I had a bantam c-166 and still have a 266c hoe and a 405c koehring dragline . Iknow the older hoes were gear pump machines and they get tired when after 3 or 4 hours of hard digging but hey after 3or 4 hrs I want a break to so no big deal also on my 266 I put a second oil cooler on it that I bought on ebay with a 12v fan on it after the oil comes out of the original cooler and before it goes to the tank, this helped mine a bunch, it may help some of the fellers on here that still have gear pump machines. any how what about the 6633 its a 1990 model and I cant seen to find a computer on it anywhere .....DARN!!! WHAT DO YALL THINK.
That might be a high pressure machine as I believe that series was built in Japan or Japanese designed. Don't know much else about that line.
Yes 245dlc is not a gear pump machine like the older ones, its got a variable flow pump, I know its old and parts are probably not that easy to come by but if you don't buy a new machine every year the deere and cat dealers here wont help you any way, and you cant afford to deal with the komatsu dealer so what the he#%! A while back I was at the Mack place getting some chrome goodies for my '81 R-model , emblems and such , the lady at the parts counter ** a dang good parts man by the way** was looking up my parts and a salesman standing at the coffee pot comes over and commences to tell me that I needed to trade my 30 year old truck in on a new one, the parts lady looks up from her parts book, parts book mind you, says this mans buying chrome, we have a shop full of that new crap your sellin' that wont stay running long enough to get out of the parking lot. '' NEW MAYBE NICE, BUT SIMPLE IS FOREVER''
Lol yeah the new Mack Trucks are all garbage and their 'chrome' peels off like paint on an old building.
I've got a 89 6633-7 has been a very good machine,pumps are Kawasaki and rebuildable.Kawasaki pump headquarters,is in Grand Rapids Michigan.Isuzu turbo engine has been great as well.The down side is travel speed is slow.Just old enough,there is no real computer.
thanks outasite , good to hear from someone who has one, is there any notable weak points I should look for , all I have found is a leak on the hyd. cooler ..no big deal . would you term it a weak walker or just slow. speed is not so much an issue , as long as its coming . hell, I don't walk real fast myself. the engine is fresh , as I got in touch with the man that built it. it looks good, no welds and reasonably tight. if I buy it I will be looking for a wider bucket as it has been used for utility work, but I think its well worth the money . thanks for the info
I would say a little weak.On level ground will go about medium walking speed.In a hard pull,tracks won't stop,but will slow to a crawl.The power of the swing is not on par with the newer machines,but it will swing a full bucket 1-1/2 yards,fully extended,uphill ok.The chassis is bullet proof,no repairs or welds anywhere.IMO it makes a very good 300 series hoe for the money,Oh parts take a little shopping, a lot of stuff is generic and the rest can be had used,or fabbed up.Good luck.