Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What are Cat replacing the 247b3 with now production has stopped

aussie bobcat ยท 2015-01-17 19:24

Talking to my dealer just before Xmas apparently cat have stopped production on the 247b3 now and are going to be bringing out a new model early to mid next year apparently it might be based on the 236d wheel machine and come in either CTL or MTL versions My dealer/rep apparently knows nothing more then this I've tried emailing cat direct but no reply as well as several larger dealers in the USA does anyone have any info machines in this size and weight range of the 247/pt60 are a necessity for a lot of work our company does as bigger units simply won't fit the application

Replies7
  1. #1caterpillarmech2015-01-18 07:55

    I work on all of our new rental fleet and some customer owned stuff. I have not seen a 247 in five years or better. I thought the asv stuff was all replaced by the Cat tracked machines. The 259 has been the primary ctl with some 279 and 299 machines. I would assume the 259 has bumped the 247 out of production.

  2. #2Digdeep2015-01-19 15:15

    The 247B3is being replaced by a new model called the 239D. It is a CTL.

  3. #3aussie bobcat2015-01-19 19:31

    Thanks That's basically about all I've been able to find out too do you know anything more about them as I said both cat and my dealer rep are giving out no info at all apparently it is going to be available in a mtl version as well its about time they replaced the 247 it would be nice if cat were a bit more open with some info about it

  4. #4Digdeep2015-01-19 19:39

    My Cat salesman couldn't tell me too much about it either besides that it has more hp and more operating capacity. He also said they will be releasing a smaller version of the 259D too.

  5. #5nzpatch2015-01-20 03:23

    Is the 216/226 still being made or are they up for a revamp too? I too need a smaller skid steer than a 236 . I have a 256c but my 216 is still the best for most of my work.

  6. #6aussie bobcat2015-01-20 05:30

    You would like to think so they seem to be updating all the rest it would be good if cat were a bit more open with some info

  7. #7Digdeep2015-01-20 14:38

    I think the 226B3 will be called the 226D and will get more hp and operating capacity too. I think it also gets 2spd.