Ive been working on an army base and look what I get to see.. its awesome their everywhere...
yes I have more
Wow!!! That railcar one is NUTS!!!
only a few more cuz im not aloud to show the rest
Hense the reason I haven't been posting lately, lol. Pretty sweet to see an Abrams roll by ya on the haul roads though... or when the C-130's are doing touch and go's in the afternoon:usa:usa:usa Good to see you around HEF again... ya know, if you can't show new pics I'm sure you probably got a few more to share from DC, haha :stirthepot
Jim I have at least 500 from DC and at least 100 from _ _ _ :usa
I get to look at Garbage...
mostly dirt hoeman
Driving around all day see some strange stuff,couple pics I have managed to take
you Army Base boys need to man up and just post some of the dirt pictures already
:notworthy Lol, yeah I know and I've been tempted, but I know my luck, and I'm just not ready to part with my camera:ban Specially since the minesweeper guys are always around where I am.
the top pic is not "real", is it?
Oh, I am sure it is real. See Nick is in SoCal same as me, and you see odball stuff like that all the time. Mostly find it passing you on the right in the blind spot as you see in the pic. Hauling out here is an experience everyday. I love the Dodge with the extra axle. Usually find a truck like that with so much junk hanging out of the bed you can't tell what the truck underneath is.
looks like a tank retriever to me. aberdeen? man i dig the "green" stuff(military). and you aint kiddin about weird stuff on the road. im amazed with the trailers on motorcycles nowdays. not to mention the motorhome pullin a jeep pullin a boat!
10-4 on the A.P.G.
wonder what they would use that railcar for:jawdrop...looks pretty extreme, also looks like it has a fairly fresh coat of paint. Cool stuff hoeman, thanks for sharing!:usa
Oops I took a picture for this thread but left the camera in the truck. Now I don't have enough willpower left to haul my sorry butt across the street to get it.
The funny thing is on the side of that dodge it says they buy junk cars,and a wheel lift like a flat bed towtruck :beatsme
i see quebec's country side
That would be a WW2 German railway artillery piece. The other large artillery cannon with the two trucks front and back is the 1950's "Atomic Cannon" which would fire a nuclear round about 18-20 miles down range. Bob G.
very interesting, thanks for the info Bob:usa
D5G, The last time I stopped in at Aberdeen Proving Grounds Museum was 25 years ago. It was a sad sight to see all that armor sitting out there rusting a way. From your pictures, it looks like there has been a lot of restoration work done. Next time I am passing through, I will try to stop and vist the museum. Thanks for the photos. Bob G.
i look at lots of this.
Well I am not 100% sure what I will be looking at ,but it is going to change. I took a test for a dozer job on Thurs. and they called me on Fri. So what that means is that I am moving up in the world(literally). I Get out of that 500' hole and get to see the sun shine again:cool2. They are running D-9's with a coal blade, not sure of the model yet. I took my test on a D-8L that had a new motor, but needed help. Any how, I got the job. I am so looking forward to working outside again.
Some days it's on the water . Somedays it's above the water . Some days it's below the water ! I still get to mechanic on it no matter which way it is .
Well, picture 3 looks like a fine mess. Did you get a hole in the barge, or was it some vandals snuck in and pulled the draincocks on it?
It was a big scab of scale that come off the bottom over a weekend . It's severely corroded on the interior and floor of the hulls . Running 4 bilge pumps controls moderate leakage . Plugged 4 holes this past week , they're about 1/2 in. dia after you clean the scale off . I have fixed them with 3/4 lag bolt with thick rubber washer . There's always 2in. water in hull floor all the time making repairs a challenge . Second pic was when area floods last yr left it high and dry on haulage road .
First picture is the view from the cab of a truck I drove for 12 years pulling a Super-B load of apples. Second: I was on the way to Heavy Equipment School and they were building a new Walmart. Third: Sorting metal out of an old dump site. Fourth: View walking back to my car from the dump site. Fifth: View from the rock truck I am driving at a road building job for a new subdivision.
not a great pic but i was leavin and saw it so i shot it!