Mine is Gritty Girl www.grittygirlhandcleaner.com
Gojo Power Gold Joe's smooth Permatex ultra cherry.... pretty much in that order.
Sta Lube #1 would cut anything. Of course you can't get it anymore, dammit.
I say we need some spam cleaner.
Whenever I see someone spamming to sell a product that product goes on my do NOT buy, do NOT recommend list, and if they keep spamming it then it goes on my war list which includes active very negative reviews on any place I can find
If you have water, Dove dish detergent works best. As an aside, when I fly into town in recent years, the first thing I do is buy a small jug of Dove and some laundry detergent. It is strange how the older I get keeping clean ranks above beer?!?!?!
After years of experimenting #2 diesel fuel still works fine for me ............. Washing the dishes for the wife runs it a close second.
Well, I considered doing that Rob. But I got to thinking, soap suds asked the question "what's the best hand cleaner", then went to plug their spam brand. But then it happened, members replied with suggestions other than the spam brand which defeated the purpose of the spam that was posted in the first place. The irony was just to good to remove with spam cleaner. I've posted before that my fav is same as ScottAR, Gojo Power Gold.
Another vote for gojo power gold from me.
Ditto Willie! This is too good. My personal favorite is not really a hand cleaner but works much better and has more uses. Scrubs in a bucket. http://www.uline.com/BL_6956/Scrubs...PIQeYs9VZ2rBpDFQMY9v-Yvuk6PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds Cleans your hands, truck seats, greasy parts and pretty much everything else. Which reminds me I need to order some more.:tong
Man, that was some good stuff! For me now its joes or good old Gojo creme. I do not like gritty stuff if i dont have water.
powerkleen when I can find it, and gojo power gold is a close second.
I still use diesel when nothing else is handy but then later on people keep asking me if I spilled diesel on my clothes.
That's why washing the dishes afterwards is highly recommended............
I have always like the smell of diesel, sort of a cologne for a working man.:thumbsup
Rob are you really an O'Reilly spammer?:cool2 :tong
Not this new low sulfur diesel... burns my hands....
2 shay
Can I ban him? Huh Huh can I can I???
LOL What ever fills your boots....
Well, until now, you've just never gave us a good opportunity to whack you with the hammer Rob.
Sounds like your method of problem solving, "Whack it with a hammer"....
Gojo power gold..the green stuff is the best ive used, works awesome. where i work they recently switched to Permatex Fast orange....it's not half the hand cleaner that Gojo is. When my hands get real good and grimy with dirty motor oil and what not, I'll wash my hands first with some 10wt hydraulic oil, then with the hand cleaner...works like a charm.
Let's just say it's a common word in my vocabulary.
:lmao:lmao Usually we would have snatched this thread, archived it and banned the spammer. Who would've thunk we could have so much fun with it.:tong
I've used Kresto with great results, better than an gojo product!
It's a cooperative redirect perpetrated by the members CM, a new twist for dealing with spammers.
Glad I could help...
Hell - we all gotta have a little fun every now and then.:tong You were instrumental in a very good gaff against Willie, good job!
Love it! :thumbsup
I don't think we have ever had more fun with a spammer thread!:spongebob
As it relates to the original spam post, I think it falls into the category of "unintended consequences", which will create a helluva way for us to entertain ourselves. And to think the members did all this without the assistance/hinderance of Digger.
The wire brush side of a bench grinder. Warning, not for sissies
Been working too damn hard all week to even notice what was going on. It's nice to see that I don't have to do all the work around here. :tong Hey did anybody else notice that the Opening Poster couldn't even get their username correct? Gritty Gril . :lmao
Yes I thought that was the best part.
I could be wrong, but I didn't consider it a typo, I thought she was referring to the "gril" on her teeth. The mental image was disturbing. :beatsme
Maybe one of our super moderators could go into the database and remedy that, possibly to something like " Gritty (you scream like a) Girl" perhaps ....... :lmao
Oh man, that requires us getting together in a room at the lair and agree on the change via a democracy vote. The chances of that happening is about as good as a woman telling a man he's right. Digger...he's always right, even when he's right. CM...he can be persuaded with sufficient beer and margaritas, me...I don't know what I want, I typically run around the room like a chicken with its head cut off.
Getting him to admit he's wrong - :tong Did someone say beer?!
Scrubs in a bucket really are that good. So good they make me wonder if they are safe for your skin. Pro Soap is the best stuff I've ever tried, it's even better than Kresto. The ultimate test is the black crap that comes out of a 40 year old Ford flathead, it's worse than working on a 2 cycle Detroit - it's like a mixture of tar and paint, takes a week of washing with harsh stuff to get your skin clean and another week to get it out of the knuckles. Pro Soap takes it all off immediately with little effort, It was startling the first time I tried it.. The down side is you have to buy it direct and the dispenser sucks, it's thick like gritty toothpaste.
That was hilarious. I personally love Lava hand cleaner because of the pumice, although I haven't used it in years. Heck a little sand in any good hand cleaner makes a big difference.
I have a mix, gojo with a shot of sunlight dish soap. I even wrote a letter to sunlight asking them to make a hand cleaner because all the dish soap needs is a bit of grit. Nearly instant lemon fresh dishpan hands! Keeps the ladyfriend happier to.
Damn good point, those things will remove road tar from your truck! Since we're talking about washing dishes, Dawn dishwashing liquid is a hell of an invention - and I really don't care what ya'll think about that!:tong
Since we're talking about washing dishes, Dawn dishwashing liquid is a hell of an invention - and I really don't care what ya'll think about that!:tong[/QUOTE] I use Dawn in with my regular laundry detergent to get the grease out its even safe for the critters...
+1 for dawn dishwashing detergent........
+2 for dawn I use it in the washing machine too for work clothes. Used to work at a shop that had some organic cleaner with crushed up walnut shells insted of pumice and worked awesome but now i usually stick too permatex cherry
This red stuff at TruckPro, can't recall the name but it works great.
Transmission Fluid and Go-Jo wipes and I don't squeak or slip...
Dawn dish washing detergent gets my vote but with one twist. I put it on BEFORE I get dirty. Doing this puts a separation layer under the mess.
For the really nasty stuff, blue nitrile gloves. $7 per 100 at Harbor Freight.
I like the dark blue laytex/nitrile gloves they last a bit longer when using solvents.
Zep MVP I keep it in the truck for when theirs no water around, rub it on and wipe your hands with a rag
I'm thinking some of you guys are the same ones that trashed Vicky Wu Vicky if you're out there come back You are NOT banned. .....they are not mad.... I talked to the Central Scrutinizer. ..told him your not spam. I tried calling your 800 # got a wing Wong They assume you're cheating on us (joined another site Come Back Vicky Wu. ..We WuvWu
LoL...didn't see that coming! :lmao
The very best hand cleaner that I have used is black nitrile gloves. They have the added benefit of preventing split, chapped skin, on the finger tips, in winter weather. Buy five boxes of them, put the boxes everywhere, always put more in your back pocket, put new ones on as fast as they fail, and you will never have black fingernails, splits on the fingertips, or petrochem inflamed skin.
The only problem with the black gloves, from Harbor Freight, is even the XL ones are just barely big enough to fit my hands and I don't think I have that large of hands.
SAS brand "Raven" black nitrile are the ones we use at work. I think they are 6mil thick and sturdy. XL 66519 XXL 66520. I actually keep both sizes handy as the materials I work around are kinda sticky and get all over everything. I start out wearing the XLs till my hands get sweaty then switch to XXLs as they are easier to get on without ripping. They also make some light blue ones that have a longer cuff and are 8mil. "Derma Max" XL 6606-40 Bit thick for really small parts but general use they work great and both are resistant to most chemicals.
+1 on both counts! The longer blue ones are the best, but black is the most fashionable color...
We use those but im pretty sure my fingernails are now permanently black