Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is the best model of truck for you?

jasondunham70 ยท 2013-07-09 04:59

I always seeing lots of brands of trucks. I just want to ask, which brand is the best for you?

Replies16
  1. #1Aussie Leroy2013-07-09 07:43

    KW i can get drivers for them and i like them. Leroy

  2. #2denver m farms2013-07-09 21:07

    Pete or kenworth.

  3. #3CRAFT2013-07-09 22:53

    All Depends on the Task needs doing ???

  4. #4Tiny2013-07-10 17:15

    I've been in nearly in them all . Pete's and KWs work best with the KWs having the best amount of room for me .

  5. #5CM19952013-07-10 18:43

    Exactly. Jasondunham70, what type of task does the truck need to do? Long haul, dump, mixer, garbage, service, etc.

  6. #6johndeere1232013-07-11 21:43

    What kind of KW are you running? I always found the KW and Pete cabs to be too short for me to sit comfortably in. I like the Freightliners, I like the airliner suspension and Detroit's and the extra leg room in the cabs.

  7. #7YEC19982013-07-11 22:13

    For me my trucks have a Bulldog on the hood leading the way.

  8. #8928G Boy2013-07-11 22:45

    intersmashable. corn binders. call them what you will, we can drive them every day and actually afford to fix them when they break!

  9. #9glenlunberg2013-07-11 23:01

    For me, Pete and Kenworth are good. They work good and they look really cool.

  10. #10Tiny2013-07-13 16:24

    All the one's I had been are day cabs think the last one was an FLD , I'm 6'1' and a " mature " size . just found them tight . Last KW was a T 600 . I fit nicely in it LOL

  11. #11qball2013-07-13 19:53

    Mature sized????? Lmao!

  12. #12Tiny2013-07-13 20:23

    Yes Dear I'm A big guy . Now Quit yur Dern gigglin !! :laugh

  13. #13grandpa2013-07-13 20:56

    I like the kenworth's , but I've made the most money with Louisville Fords. So bottom line.... Ford L'series

  14. #14dbs2013-07-13 22:32

    Mine is a 1974 corn binder in its 2nd life as a tandem dump after riding the freeways for years as a tractor. Mileage unknown but the 350 cummins still takes her down the road.

  15. #15rino2013-07-16 23:59

    I have drove Macks R, CH, and the Maxliner and found the newer Macks to have more room than the R. Drove KW's and Pete's and also found them to be roomy. I have driven both spring and air ride, and don't care for the air ride in the CH model Mack. The most comfortable truck for me was the LTL 9000 Ford. Of coarse it had a 3406 Cat pushing 425 HP with 4:33 rears and an 8LL. I wasn't the fastest truck in the fleet, but my 0 to 60 time was the best.

  16. #16Steve Frazier2013-07-17 00:31

    It's funny you mention that rino. I don't have seat time in the fancy brands, I was a company driver and they purchased fleet brands. I've driven White, Mack, International under its various nameplates, Autocar but my favorite to drive was the Ford LNT 9000. Same cab as the LTL with a shorter hood. I loved the instrument layout on the wrap around dash with normal readings set at 3:00 on all gauges. That big windshield and short hood made for excellent vision going down the road. The last one I drove had a 350 Cummins, jake brake, A/C, Bostrom air seat and AM/FM stereo. I didn't need anything else LOL!