Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is the biggest Machinery Auction in the USA?

UrParts ยท 2014-02-24 06:22

I can imagine that there are machinery auctions somewhere in the US every day. However are there any particularly large ones that would stand out from the rest in terms of number of lots and number of people attending. I heard that there are some very large auctions in Florida a couple of times a year.

Replies7
  1. #1Joeyslushr2014-02-24 07:55

    Richie bros have some real big ones in Florida and Vegas during the winter among many other places

  2. #2Mobiltech2014-02-24 08:11

    Yeah Ritchie Bros is big. You just missed the florida auction. https://www.rbauction.com/heavy-equipment-auctions/orlando-fl-2014101

  3. #3Bullpuncher2014-02-24 08:38

    The big three when it comes to live auctions are Ritchie Bros, Alex Lyons and Yoder and Frey. This time of year in FL you can go to an auction every day from Super Bowl Sunday until the last week in February.

  4. #4kshansen2014-02-24 10:05

    The company I work for seems to like IronPlanet. For us this seems to work good as the equipment stays where it is and they come out and inspect and take pictures then post them to a web site where people can bid on them at a set time. Problem for buyer would be not being able to walk around and kick tires. I know of one machine that had a broken pinion shaft on the rear axle that was not noticed by the inspector so I'm sure who ever ended up buying it was not too happy when they tried to use the loader Yes I could have mentioned it to the inspector but don't think my bosses would have been too happy with their soon to be former employee

  5. #5John C.2014-02-24 20:42

    The Ritchie Bros. February Florida auctions are the largest by number of machines and attendance that I have ever been to. I wonder sometimes if there are larger ones in the middle east or Europe.

  6. #6bigshow2014-02-24 21:53

    I have some pictures of this years Feb. auction in Orlando on this forum already, the thread is called "Just a few pictures" in the category "General industry questions".

  7. #7saibabamachine2014-02-27 04:58

    construction equipment selling in USA's biggest machinery Auction.