Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is the common nickname for Caterpillar brand equipment ?

Olori Joshua ยท 2023-05-18 04:30

What's the answer?

Replies61
  1. #1funwithfuel2023-05-18 06:55

    Over priced junk . ROFLMFBO.

  2. #2Olori Joshua2023-05-18 07:36

    Don't believe me if I tell you I understand your reply. They said the answer is supposed to be a three letter words.

  3. #3Welder Dave2023-05-18 15:16

    Is this a joke?

  4. #41693TA2023-05-18 15:29

    $$$

  5. #5aongheas.macask2023-05-18 15:38

    Tar

  6. #6funwithfuel2023-05-18 15:47

    Well it ain't DOG.

  7. #7CM19952023-05-18 19:14

    You misspelled Komatsu.

  8. #8skadill2023-05-18 19:16

    I think I may know, but don't want to give it away. Hoping to win the prize on this one. I'll get my credit card ready first so I can claim the winnings here after paying the fee.

  9. #9funwithfuel2023-05-18 19:47

    How did you kids validate your membership?

  10. #10Welder Dave2023-05-18 20:45

    BBT... big boy toy.

  11. #11Coaldust2023-05-18 22:07

    Hey fellas. Good to be here with my Internet buddies. Have to wait until page two. Meanwhile, we must continue to **** post.

  12. #12Welder Dave2023-05-18 23:37

    This is a tough one, might take a few pages to figure it out.

  13. #13sillej2023-05-19 00:10

    Mewow, oh not 3 letters.

  14. #14OzDozer2023-05-19 00:21

    I could imagine that a common nickname for a broken-down Cat, involves 3 of the choicest words in the curses vocabulary.

  15. #15Welder Dave2023-05-19 00:53

    I would hazard a guess a lot of new curse words and phrases were invented while working on heavy equipment in general. Sadly a lot were probably invented when a computer crapped out right when you needed it most.

  16. #16CM19952023-05-19 08:57

    Validation !? We don't need no stinking validation.

  17. #17BackWoodThicket2023-05-19 09:26

    Pep Joe; I am new to this forum. In fact, it is the first forum I ever joined (I think), but I do know and so do these fellas know the answer to your question about the nickname for CATerpillar...

  18. #18Olori Joshua2023-05-20 02:43

    Is there any kid in this forum?

  19. #19funwithfuel2023-05-20 07:18

    Look at all the replies and tell me there aren't any.

  20. #20AzIron2023-05-20 07:49

    Dont accuse me of being old I bet I am in the 10 youngest members actively on here and compared to the age of some posters on this thread being a kid should be a badge of honor compared to grumpy curmudgeon

  21. #21Zewnten2023-05-20 08:35

    There are plenty of young guys on here. OP I'll take mercy on you since it's page two, people have given the answer several times. Caterpillar is no longer known as Caterpillar, look at new machine and what it is branded with. I always heard it referred to call as a rattle-pillar.

  22. #22kshansen2023-05-20 19:14

    Who you calling old, heck I only started working at the quarry in 1968!

  23. #23funwithfuel2023-05-20 20:34

    Christ almighty! That's before I was born. So you've been playing in the rocks and dirt since they was new, huh?

  24. #24AzIron2023-05-20 22:54

    man you started before my parents were in high school

  25. #25Vetech632023-05-21 09:23

    Now I know how the staff members in the nursing homes feel.

  26. #26RocketScott2023-05-21 09:36

    I've heard the engines called Scaterpillar Not sure if complete equipment has the same reputation

  27. #27Tyler d4c2023-05-21 11:21

    At 26 I believe I hold the title of youngest regular on here

  28. #28AzIron2023-05-21 15:04

    I was around 25 when I started on here I feel 60 with all the free experience being offered

  29. #29Tinkerer2023-05-21 16:48

    My first construction job was to to run a " Cat " D7 in 1967. I was 25 years old. It had a manual clutch and a forward and reverse lever. Before that I ran a Case 350 trackloader cleaning out barges at a river terminal.

  30. #30Welder Dave2023-05-21 20:47

    How did like the Case 350?

  31. #31Tenwheeler2023-05-21 22:22

    That is what we called them a one place I used to work. 3208's geared for 55 MPH with young men driving them did not fair very well.

  32. #32Olori Joshua2023-05-22 02:51

    If your attachment image brand name is the answer, how come it's not being accepted here on my attachment? Take a look at it thanks.

  33. #33Acoals2023-05-22 07:15

    Maybe the filters are worried about a Nigerian Prince . . .

  34. #34Olori Joshua2023-05-22 07:40

    Lol why would the filters? I posted the trend question because it won't accept "CAT" as the answer.

  35. #35Chrisso2023-05-22 16:26

    Reckon I had a similar issue. Did you try "Cat"?

  36. #36Zewnten2023-05-22 21:47

    Sucky website design? I had the same issue with other sites. Didn't matter what I did would not accept the answer.

  37. #37Welder Dave2023-05-22 23:09

    It would have been nice if the OP would have explained why he was asking in the 1st place.

  38. #38cfherrman2023-05-23 10:20

    Cat

  39. #39materthegreater2023-05-23 17:02

    And yet both of your profiles say "senior member"...

  40. #40Tyler d4c2023-05-23 20:50

    I feel like it some mornings 26 going on 80

  41. #41Acoals2023-05-23 22:27

    I can imagine what the 80 year old guys are going to say to that ...

  42. #42Olori Joshua2023-05-24 04:23

    I did but it still didn't accept it.

  43. #43Olori Joshua2023-05-24 04:24

    oh! Thought I'm the only one experiencing it.

  44. #44Olori Joshua2023-05-24 04:26

    Because my answer is "CAT" and this site won't accept it.

  45. #45Tyler d4c2023-05-24 06:30

    Someone has to stir the pot a bit

  46. #46Olori Joshua2023-05-24 09:50

    Thank you

  47. #47cfherrman2023-05-24 09:52

    Only took 3 pages

  48. #48Welder Dave2023-05-24 12:58

    You still should have explained the situation.

  49. #49RocketScott2023-05-24 13:25

    Did you click on all boxes containing an excavator?

  50. #50keif2023-05-24 14:56

    If you don't pass the test it means your a robot, sorry!

  51. #51Whingnut2024-03-23 14:56

    Still not working with cat or Cat or CAT

  52. #52funwithfuel2024-03-23 15:01

    Well crap, now the CATs outta the bag. How do we keep the 3rd world commie robots from infecting our little slice of heaven?

  53. #5392U 34062024-03-23 16:20

    I'd have guessed you were a little beyond that.

  54. #54Tyler d4c2024-03-23 16:46

    Why is that

  55. #5592U 34062024-03-23 16:51

    You seem to have more on the ball than most folks in their 20s do.

  56. #56Welder Dave2024-03-23 16:56

    Not folks, millennial's. He has rare old school thinking for his age. That's a good thing!

  57. #57Tyler d4c2024-03-23 17:29

    Your right and I'll take it as a compliment

  58. #5892U 34062024-03-23 17:51

    Millennials are old now. Even the youngest Millennials are closing in on 30.

  59. #59ariesagro2024-04-17 04:51

    cat

  60. #60masterwelder2024-04-21 13:30

    tac Tac TAC ?

  61. #61skyking12024-04-26 12:46

    Read the thread. It is in there on page 3.