Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is this?

Chris5500 · 2011-04-21 05:12

The component above the engine.

Replies12
  1. #1jey_c2011-04-21 07:07

    Maybe for filtering exhaust emission

  2. #2hammerman2011-04-21 07:23

    I think that it´s only a tool-box.

  3. #3mitch5042011-04-21 09:32

    The exhaust is coming out of it, probably a scrubber. Or, far-fetched, a heated tank or container for something, but my money is on an exhaust scrubber for going in mines.

  4. #4akroadrunner2011-04-21 11:39

    A gen set?

  5. #5hammerman2011-04-21 16:06

    a barbecue? I´m thinking all day but I´m not able to see something justifiable...

  6. #6jrtraderny2011-04-21 16:50

    I'll second that.......................

  7. #7Blacksmoke072011-04-21 21:12

    Id have to say it for emissions.. for some reason some people dont like black smoke?!

  8. #8alco2011-04-21 22:27

    It's a home built muffler/sound suppression system. They built this one themselves, and did a similar job on their RH200. Both look terrible, not sure how well they work.

  9. #9Chris55002011-04-22 06:15

    Thanks Brian, I thought it may have been something as simple as a muffler, I didn't want to jump to conclusions however since it's like nothing I have ever seen. It’s very "agricultural" indeed. Do you happen to have any photo's of the RH200 you speak of or know of a place on the net where they exist?

  10. #10Gavin84w2011-04-22 10:09

    Cheaper to buy out the neighbours than have that contraption on there, what a joke this stuff is coming to if you have to do that, lines of sight are bad enough on big gear let alone doing something as unpractical as that.

  11. #11alco2011-04-22 13:01

    Here it is Chris, not a good shot, but it gives you the idea.

  12. #12Chris55002011-05-01 07:36

    Thanks Brian. The mufflers on that RH200 aren't as bad as that MacGyver made one on the Torneau. The RH's resemble (their actually quite a bit larger) the mufflers on the Mt.Owen and Mt.Arthur Liebherr's down under.