Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is this fitting type?

Dahendo ยท 2020-03-24 14:53

Stores are all closed so I need to order over the phone, what is this fitting type called?

Replies12
  1. #1funwithfuel2020-03-24 14:59

    German metric low pressure aka DIN24

  2. #2funwithfuel2020-03-24 15:06

    A website to help clarify. http://www.jgbhose.com/base_pages/coupling_identification_german.asp#DIN24

  3. #3Dahendo2020-03-24 15:48

    Thanks! Mod's - feel free to delete this thread.

  4. #4Ronsii2020-03-24 15:53

    Looks real similar to my Bomag's fittings.... in case anyone else happens to see this thread and is looking for fittings for their bomag 120 AD-3 roller... just to help them out.

  5. #5funwithfuel2020-03-24 15:56

    Bomag, Wirtgen, Haam, Deutz all use those goofy fittings.

  6. #6Dahendo2020-03-24 16:01

    As do chinese skid steer attachments.

  7. #7Ronsii2020-03-24 16:06

    I guess the chinese like metric fittings.... Any clue as to the brand, model of what your fitting in on??? just to help out someone in the future that happens across this thread

  8. #8highwayghost2020-03-24 16:41

    I was recently rebuilding a cylinder on a Chinese tractor for a friend and the zerks were SAE and not metric. They sure keep you guessing. I didn't try the fitting so who knows. Go figure

  9. #9John C.2020-03-25 12:28

    If you mean the threaded part of the zircs, they are BSPP which is close enough to NPTT to fit and work. Sometimes they are tighter and you have to run a tap down a bit.

  10. #10Don.S2020-03-26 08:05

    Our takeuchi is exactly as John said. When we first got it i searched everywhere for the bspp fittings and could not find any so i do just as John said. The majority of hydraulic hose shops i went to did not even know that they are a thing.

  11. #11highwayghost2020-03-26 08:14

    Me either.. 'til now. Thanks John! When the metric zerk wasn't going to work I went to the SAE and it works, but got tight a little soon.

  12. #12Don.S2020-03-26 09:32

    It is 1 thread per inch difference.