Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What Kind of oil in a JD 410?

goldenboy ยท 2011-03-18 01:42

Just wondering if it's TDH oil? In the book they just call it" john deer hyguard". Just wondering what kind of oil that is and what other oil is good that you don't have to buy from john deer for the lowest price.

Replies3
  1. #1lobo2011-03-18 07:05

    John Deere's prices are not too bad. My closest dealer is about 50 miles away. I have been buying 5 gal buckets at the local Napa store for around 60 dollars. May be more now that oil has gone up. Oil must meet the JD Hy Guard spec. It will say that right on the bucket or one gallon jug.

  2. #2Deon2011-03-18 19:49

    Best price for JD oil I know of is at Walmart. They carry a TDH oil in 5 gallon pales for $37. 00. It's JD20 and JD21 spec. That is the same spec as JD Hyguard. That's what I use in all the sections of my 310D including the transmission and hydraulics. I have a very slight, sometimes brake shatter but it seems many older JD TLBs have it. If you don'y wish to try that the OEM JD oil is only about 2wis the price.

  3. #3goldenboy2011-03-26 18:04

    Thanks alot Deon, that the kind of good news I like to hear. You rock