Sorry I can't find a pic. but was watching Highway thru Hell and there was a Cat grader with an odd snow wing on the back. It had a big gear similar to the circle gear (but bigger) that went about 200 deg's. and there were 2 long hyd. cylinders on a blade. I'd guess the blade could be used on either side of the grader. Does anyone know what type of wing this is or seen one?
I believe it’s called a rollover and can be used on either side. Never saw one in person though.
Thanks DB2. I found one on a 14H for sale. They do call it a roll over snow wing but no mention of who makes it. Looks rather interesting. I was mistaken about the long cylinders but there is 2 at the back side by side. Who knows maybe it was the same machine I saw on the show from a few years back. Caterpillar 14H Motor Grader | Vernon Equipment
The air force used to have rollover front plows. It was a front side delivery with a cutting edge in top and bottom. See if I can find a picture. https://www.google.com/search?q=rol...#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:ab72789f,vid:zBVSsEh1CHQ
I wanna say Tube Lok or Weldco Beales was the manufacturer. Again only seen them in pictures or literature.
If you can still buy one, I'll bet it's pricey!!!! What a Beast!!!
Never seen one like that before, that's a different kind of a plow for sure.
Would sure be handy in a lot of applications.