This is mine. After a long day bouncing around in a loader, sure feels good to cruise!
Come on, nobody has any favorites?
Here is mine,,,,,,,,,,,,
I have always loved running a PC-150-5. I also love the sound of a cat 955,and a case 580 c!
Wow those people sure are tiny. What are they 12" figurines?
Old track loaders like a 977 with a 4n1. Off the job my Duramax
First choice 953C, second choice 325DL.
Now that is a shove, wow!
How about cars, trucks, airplanes, bikes & other non work iron. We can include boats here too.
I'm afraid you've found a bunch of boring people; my favorite is my Austin-Western Super 366 grader. I'll be glad when I get her fixed so my Galion can be a backup.
what ever............
Seems so Mitch, all work & no play I guess. Wonder what everyone spends all that money on that they make working so hard?????
I like that D-max! :thumbsup Here's my extracurricular iron! Hasn't ran in a few years, but it sure was fun back in the good ol days when I made money.
Hurray, somebody out there has a life outside work!!!!
Well,,, im quite fond of a 12" cast iron fry pan..... full.
This is my favorite this month. My new rifle for service matches And my plinking rifle Not iron but aluminum,Ti and plastic.
I love my AR. Which reminds me, the shooting range is calling this weekend.
Hey Lee, why the covers on the tires?
I'll see your PC8000, and raise you about 200 tons.......
Hey Alco, what's that hanging under the bucket cylinders, really big cowbells to tell the truckers they've backed far enough?
Here are my favorite fun wheels.
Close Mitch, those are 30" cones we use to mark out where the truckers are supposed to back in. If they line those up along the outside of the box, it puts them right where we want them.
This is my favorite piece of iron now that i'm retired.
Absolutely beautiful! Love the color.
Better cowbells than trailer hitch lowhangers. Wouldn't that be a sight.
Tire warmers. Plug them into 110v and they heat the tires to operating temp. You can then set the correct hot pressures and then when you go out, you can go balls to the wall right away without doing a warm up lap. If you dont keep the tires warm by either riding easy until it is up to temp or using tire warmers, then it will cold tear if you ride it too hard. like this
Hope my new ford looks like that one does at that age.... is that a 28, or 29?
Heck grandpa, you look good for a '28 model yourself. Thanks for the info Lee, I'm guessing you must be puttin' out better'n 20hp to do that to a tire!!
HP doesnt matter, its corner speed that matters. That is the front tire. The rear was about the same.
I got you, centrifugal force putting sideways pressure on the tire before it's soft enough to conform and grip. I was thinking spinning on takeoff, like a drag bike. But, I still bet you couldn't do that with a 20hp Briggs on that bike.
Grandpa, It's a 31 with 70000 mi on it. OldandWorn, Thank you, I really enjoy it, both workin on it and driving it.
Blademan.... I do believe you have the wrong wheels on it then...lol.... can't remember for sure, but 30,31 had a larger center hole,,,,, but again maybe I forgot. Time is being mean to me. Either way, she's a beaut.
BLademan, you might get a kick out of this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxsw8yv4EyY The goofy looking one is my buddy. We wasted a significant chunk of our youth on this. His dad built the 57.
Thanks Grandpa , Time isn't to kind to any of us but 28 -29 had 21" wheels and smaller hub caps, mine has the original 19" and the bigger caps, the 32's and up to "I think" 37 had 16 -17 or 18" (depending on year) wheels with the bigger yet caps at about 6" dia.
ok blademan,,,, from the photo's I really couldn't judge the size of the caps...( eyes going to hell too!!).
Hvy 1Ton, VERY NICE.... Your friend and his buddys make me feel like a piker for taking 5 yrs to get mine done!!!!!
I'm with you on that grandpa and don't forget the ice tea.
After a long day of hauling equipment jumping into the 335D and hammering down on the throttle makes working those long days worth it Runs 1/4 mile in 12.9 seconds since I threw a chip in here not too bad for a diesel and I still can get 40.5 on the hwy
My ktm 525 dirt bike cutting a line between the trees
Nice car Emoney, if I don't need my service truck my first choice is the trusty Mercedes diesel. Love the diesel sedans.
Sweet car Emony81!:drinkup I am a Blue and White Roundel guy myself and I would love to try one of the new diesels. Had to sell my '01 M3 a couple of years ago and I sure do miss her.:crying The wife has her X5 and I still take it out every now and then to "blow out the carbon".
Well, it's a tossup between my HD7 and my 99H, but if you're looking for more traditional toys, I have a few of those....too many to list really, but here's one of my favs. My '84 Ford truck with 5.0 Mustang GT EFI transplant:
A little new version of an old wrecker I used to drive. http://www.flickr.com/photos/9632389@N03/2996294173/
Oh, yeah, you know I think the 977 is just an amazing wrecking machine. There is nothing like doing demo with an old 977 -- the power in that is just incredible. Love the crashing and crunching as it destroys some old house or building. LOL. Total power man.
1974 Jj40 @quackattak abd @ 1995 thanks. Here is a toy that I just pick up. It's been sitting for a while so I got a really good price. It's been through the Rubicon a couple of times in it's day. Arb lockers front and rear, custom roll cage,top rack for stuff, tire holder, brand new 350 Chevy, 4.88 rear ends. The list goes on and on. I'll drive it to work here and there but it only does about 55-60 mph still fun!!!
Deere 870 tractor with loader. It's smaller than what a lot of you guys run, but it was my machine of choice when I was still in HS at the ag program. I ran it with every attachment we had for it-core aerator, overseeder, cone spreader, rototiller, trailers, and of course the trusty loader It and its twin (without a loader) never gave us big problems and handled well. I trained many a freshman on it! I wish I could pick one up somewhere.