Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

what transmission fluid for 1984 Case 450c dozer?

paxton ยท 2024-10-27 12:35

what transmission fluid for 1984 Case 450c dozer? Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1MG842024-10-27 20:41

    Case TCH fluid, it's not cheap and you have to get it at the Case dealer. In the long run a few extra dollars spent on good fluids will save you a lot of money and aggravation.

  2. #2materthegreater2024-10-27 23:05

    I use Case Hy-Tran premium in mine. The dealer says it's the current version of TCH. Not sure I believe them but they say TCH isn't available anymore.

  3. #392U 34062024-10-27 23:29

    Really? We just picked up a few pails of it from the dealer barely a month ago.

  4. #4materthegreater2024-10-28 06:34

    You probably have a better dealer than I do...

  5. #5MG842024-10-28 07:46

    Your dealer is either misinformed or lazy. Hy-tran is a very good fluid but is not the same as TCH, TCH is still available.

  6. #6paxton2024-10-28 11:56

    Thanks to all replies.

  7. #7Welder Dave2024-10-30 01:14

    Could be the dummy behind the counter and didn't know the difference or were out of the TCH.