Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What type of hose for an oil cooler connect

Walker1 ยท 2013-09-27 11:02

I was using my Case 1845B hard for the first time yesterday, after getting a bunch of sensors and gauges fixed. After about 4 hours it ruptured the short section of hose that connects the oil cooler. It looks like heater hose was used, and I cobbled it back together with the same. The hose I pulled off was very soft. So, I need to figure out what type of hose to buy that won't degrade and rupture, as I really didn't enjoy the hot oil shower. the sections are about 6" long, and it just uses hose clamps to secure to the beaded tube sections. I was thinking either a one wire hydraulic hose or an A/C type hose, but thought I would ask the pros. So what type of hose to buy?

Replies1
  1. #1Nige2013-09-27 11:19

    With the sections only being about 6" long then the hose needs to be pretty flexible even to get it in there, so you can't go too heavy. Neither can there be a lot of pressure in it if all that secures the hose is a hose clamp at each end. For all those reasons I'd go for a hose meeting SAE100R4 specification. This spec is for hydraulic return hose that is designed to be fixed in place with either hose or band clamps. That should be more than sufficient for your needs.