so I'm just wondering since a lot of yall equipment. I'm sure many want to buy something else so I thought it be interesting to know the first thing yall bought and the next thing you want to buy or are going to buy. From trucking, farming, excavation, logging, paving, etc Ill go that the first piece I bought was a new Kubota l3800 the next thing I want to buy is a backhoe or excavator
1980 K100C, 8V92 430HP driptroit, in 1981. A Allis HD7G in 2012. MAYBE a cat of some type Next year!!
some type haha least its cat
Sadly fist thing I had to do was sell off the Muscle cars first so I could buy some Yellow iron . Went with a dozer first & excavator followed shortly after . Pretty good combination . Still miss the 67 Chevelle & 70 Nova big block chevy's but I've made allot more money with the Dozer & excavator
Kubota L35 TLB, thought it was a real "powerful" machine....for its size it was, especially compared to my fathers 18hp yanmar tractor I had been using.....I just bought a new mini this spring, a TakTB260....loving it so far!
im sure sooner or later they will make you enough to where you can find those cars again and buy em back
Terex 72-10 thought it was great. Not! it was one of the most under powered hard starting loaders ever!!
ASV RC85 was my first. Next will be a CAT 279
John Deere 450c track loader with backhoe attachment. Next will probably be something to haul it around and carry dirt. Rick
1980 W900. Its a play truck though Next will likely be an old Hayes or Pacific.
to be fair i had to look this one up
Good thought catwelder ! Funny part of the story was I soled both cars to a customer . He still has the 67 Chevelle & gotter lookin good ! Really enjoyed those cars .......... I did shake a 68 Ford sedan loose this summer and it's turned into the new " Company Car " . LOL We gonna have some fun with it http://www.heavytruckforums.com/showthread.php?534-1968-Ford-Galaxie-500&p=4178&viewfull=1#post4178
car looks good to me that crane aint half bad either
Thanks catwelder ! I think they will make a great team working together . Crane handles the lifting and the blocker car keeps the lame ass drivers away from the crane when in route . It's really all about safety .
hell I was thinking the car would get you more business actually be driving by see the car and think damn what company is that get you more looks and possible new customers
I like the way you think catwelder ! That's what we did ........ http://www.heavytruckforums.com/showthread.php?534-1968-Ford-Galaxie-500&p=4179&viewfull=1#post4179
hell if i had a need for a crane service and saw the nice ass car then I'm just call yall
We'll show up with the Ford " blockin " & the Grove " pickin "
future slogan right there when your number is the phone book or you create a website let that be the slogan
1st was a D8H my next is a long healthy retirement Hey since you guys are talking cars here's my 56' just about done, been a year to get this far
Very nice Dan , Love the 56 pickup !
First used 1994 Bobcat 853, second new 2001 Bobcat 334 Mini ex.
Actually the last I bought was a Cat 563 padfoot compactor so 1st D8H last 563 vibratory padfoot
ya know I'm wondering about what went through your mind when you bought a d8 for your first piece of equipment. you took go big or go home about to the biggest dozer cat makes. also very nice truck I like the color I don't see many of those
I gotta ask when did u start your company since I follow your other post and you seem to have grown form 2 bobcats to well a good amount of bigger cat equipment
I bought a D8 because I had 13 years experience in that type of work at the time and was familiar with the machine.
fair enough was it a newer D8 or a older one
I started a homebuilding company in 1995. Through the years I took on commercial construction and site work, self performing residential development projects and commercial site work. The depression of 2009 hit us pretty hard, it turned the world upside down. We've regrouped and since then we've concentrated on site work projects that include erosion control, demolition, storm sewer, site utilities and grading. The homebuilding market in my area has been consolidated by big builders, not much room for a smaller or mid-sized builder other than custom homes and renovation - something I am not interested in doing, the general public has unrealistic expectations sometimes. Business to business transactions are more profitable for me. Recently purchased a small road boring machine and will have our first road bore coming up in the next couple of months for an 8" water line under a 2 lane county road. I like underground piping work from storm to fire services and will be concentrating on that more. I'm still a real estate developer at heart and have a few "side projects" in the works.
if for some reason I'm ever in Alabama would love to see that thing work a company out of new York is doing a water replacement job up the road form me and they got one and looks like a interesting piece of equipment
My first was a Cat 951C track loader. Price was right and needed work. I did a overhaul on the engine and had to put pins and bushings in boom. I bought it because someone had put Cat undercarriage on it and will probably last me a long time. The loader has already paid for itself just using it around my property. My next piece of equipment is going to be a Terex TS14B. I've been eyeballing them for a couple of years now. Hopefully, I'll end up with one some day.
again have to be honest here anytime yall say terex anything I got to google it to have a idea what it is the only terex stuff I know of is the backhoe and skid steer they make
There is a lot of the green Terex machines around here. Lots of scrapers and still some 82-40's.
around me I have never seen one in person