Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What would you choose, a skid steer Fermec 526 or a Case 1845?

brief ยท 2012-12-30 00:23

I am looking for a Skid steer; I am trying at the moment a Fermec 526, 38kw, 2700 hours, and I am going to look at a Case 1845 (do not know what type). What would you (the experienced ones of you) never buy??

Replies13
  1. #1KSSS2012-12-31 19:55

    I didnt know that Fermac made a skid steer. Can you post a picture of it?

  2. #2Digdeep2013-01-01 11:00

    They are essentially the same exact machines- appearances and specs (even the Cummins engine). I think they badged the entire 1800 series. I'm pretty sure that the Fermec machines were built in the UK and the 1845 in the US. The Fermec skid steer exists as part of the 1997-2001 JI Case ownership of Massey Ferguson before Terex bought it.

  3. #3KSSS2013-01-01 13:48

    I knew that Fermec and the CASE backhoe were very close. I was not aware that the agreement included the skid steer line as well.

  4. #4brief2013-01-02 00:00

    I will post a picture of it

  5. #5brief2013-01-02 00:08

    The case skid steer is a 1845 uni loader, I do not know what type it is B?? or C?? But I still do not know whats the best to buy?? KSSS and Digdeep which one would you buy??

  6. #6brief2013-01-02 00:46

    KSSS I found this for you: http://specs.lectura.de/en#!/category/971344/manufacturer/982972/type/987286 and http://media.lectura-specs.com/data_sheets/526_de(bc1).pdf

  7. #7KSSS2013-01-02 08:31

    The picture looks to be identical to a CASE 1840 not an 1845. Either way both are good machines. If the Fermac is essentially an 1840 and the CASE you are looking at is really an 1845 than its obviously not a direct comparision. The 1845C Model had a ROC of 1750 pounds the 1840 was 1500. The 1845C had 56 hp and the 1840 had 50. Both are naturally aspirated machines. If you dont know the year of these machines there are some indications to look for on North American 1800 series machines (I dont know if this applies to CASE machines outside of North America). The graphics on the 1845 would be grey if the machine is 1994 and newer. Also the the lap bar was a split design on 1993 and prior. 1994 and newer it is a one piece design. Either way the Fermac and CASE appear to be the same. As to which one, it would come down to which is better supported in your area and who you would rather deal with for service.

  8. #8brief2013-01-02 11:37

    Thanks KSSS, the CASE is from 2001, you can look at it. Its on this site: http://verdelhos.olx.pt/vendo-bobcat-case-iid-433419086

  9. #9KSSS2013-01-02 20:32

    Brief that looks like an orginal 1845 that has been repainted. Its certainly not a 2001. Here is a 2000 http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=8522573

  10. #10Jeepwalker2013-01-02 21:24

    I would buy the one that is the 1845C (C-version) if one is the C and one is a straight 1845.

  11. #11brief2013-01-02 22:33

    Thanks KSSS, that will save me a trip. I will not go and look at it, it's not worth it.

  12. #12brief2013-01-02 22:44

    Thanks Jeepwalker, I wouldn't mind getting me a case1845C, it has enough horse power to do the job.

  13. #13brief2013-01-04 18:28

    Tryed to post the pictures of the fermec, it did not work so I sent the pictures to your site info-mail adres, hoop thats ok.