My current machine is a 580SL series one. I may be looking for a newer machine in the spring? What year/model is good or bad. I definitely want full cab/heat, 4wd, and extendahoe, clam a maybe. I have always had 4 stick machines and am very happy with them. Pilot controls? I will take my time to find the right machine and will be in no hurry. I will only buy a low hour machine and it has to be the right deal. Thanks.
Series 1 were dogs, series 2 were dogs, series 3 got much better. Stay away from the straight M. I run one every day. Super M by far better. I run 4stick as well. Pilots are comfortable but I prefer 4stick much more. I do utility work and much better feel and control. I dont know what kind of work you do but a 4n'1 for my application is worth it's weight in gold. I grew up with out it and now having one makes life easier. Were in mass are you from, shoot me a pm if I can help.
The 580SL I have now has 4wd/extendahoe/clam, and now after having them all I would have a hard time giving any of them up. The 4wd/extendahoe are non-negotiable, and the clam definitely comes in handy. I know I would be lost if I didn't have it in the future so I should probably add that to the list of must haves. I'm in Westboro Mass and do an assortment of things. Right now going to sleep for 24 hours of plowing. Thanks for the info.
Yep, I agree, Ill be plowing as well. Im not to far away from you. My machine is sittin in westboro at the moment.