Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

whats the best way to replace a block-heater/frost plug style on a 580K

whatwas ยท 2011-12-10 09:56

I think I have to replace the block heater on my 580k, I checked the cord and it seems OK but when you plug it in........nothing. It's located in the forward frost plug hole above the starter.

Replies2
  1. #1melben2011-12-10 15:44

    if it is an oem heater there is an allen head screw in the heater face, just loosen it up completely as there is a toggle on the other end that draws it tight. they can be a bit difficult to break loose but are sealed with an oring. mEl

  2. #2Bill Smith2011-12-11 08:11

    It can be tough to remove .I had to use a body dent puller to get mine out of my 580 SE .Check the plug out first. This the only way to go as far as a block heater goes .It is direct beside the cylinders and in 15 minutes pluged in it should fire right up