Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

whats the hr rate in usa

kiwi ยท 2010-04-19 03:04

hi people bluey here, just wanting to know what the hourly rate for a excavator.loader.dumper operator in a quarry or mine over in the usa..thanks

Replies7
  1. #1tonka2010-04-19 07:28

    Bluey mate, the rate differs on experience, where ya are on the map, we haven't got a set rate over here... and if we did we wouldn't make any money....and we would be fighting all the time for more money... cheers Griffo

  2. #2kiwi2010-04-20 02:13

    hi griffo im in new zealand..ive got over 15yrs experience driven quarry machines. i was just after a ball park rate an operator gets an hr over there.

  3. #3tuney4432010-04-20 09:13

    Lots of variables,but non-union,say app.$30hr.,union $50-$60 hr.

  4. #4Mack1852010-04-21 22:55

    Yikes, I need to move to NY. When I was in Georgia, Most everybody I knew made in the mid to high teens per hour. In Missouri, I think it is closer to high twenties-thirty+ an hour. In Ga, I knew of no Unions for operators. In Eastern Mo, I believe it is mostly Union.

  5. #5kiwi2010-04-22 02:26

    year here in new zealand its around high tens-mid twenties. would love to go over to the us one day & have a look around afew quarrys cheers bluey.

  6. #6Komatsu 1502010-04-22 07:33

    If you look at it from an employers end, that is sometimes my end, you need to include social security and bennies as part of salary, and I'm sure in NY would be well over $80.00 and maybe $100.00. Illinois scale for an operator is around $32 to $39 but with the extras ends up around $60.00 Just to edit for the overseas guys, NY City is very very expensive to live in or just close to. Have relatives in the operators union there. Their rent/mortgage payments are staggering.

  7. #7kiwi2010-04-24 16:10

    yep your right in sayn that ..its the same here in nz..well that its expensive to live in the big citys. i live in a small town so things are sort of cheap