Which one would be considered a big pig? I've never been on these TD-25 Any Allis chalmers or Fiat Allis Terex John Deer
can we be more specific as for the old part? I think its kinda unfair to compare a cat d8h to a ih td25b.
i wonder i wonder where this thread is heading
Worst large dozer NOT listed in your options Hi, Dozer575. I'm with D4c24a here. Where is this thread heading? 'Cos I'll tell you now that you haven't even gotten close to listing the worst large dozers. I can think of a few that would have to come close to taking out THAT Grand Booby Prize but I'll leave you in suspense for a while. I must say that though, that if you haven't been on any of the machines that you did list and didn't list any of the 'WORST' machines, you haven't really lived. I've been on all four of the machines/makes you listed and I found them generally quite acceptable from an operator's standpoint.
yes,where is this thread going? I cant stand ********* making stupid comments when their butts have never been parked in the seat. I have a FiatAllis FD175-may not have the fancy steering systems etc of the latest Cats or Komatsu's but is still a fine machine that virtually runs on the smell of diesel compared to all its other competitors. Neil
I'd have to agree that this thread has a high potential to be nothing but an excercise in pot-stirring. It doesn't have to be that, but in order to avoid that, some parameters would need to be set for what is meant by "worst". Least reliable, least operator friendly, hardest to repair, least value for the investment, poorest pushing performance related to size, etc. Define what is meant by "worst", and it could be an interesting discussion, because then there would be some objective aspects to compare, rather than the thread being just a bash fest...
Naughty, Naughty. Hi, Neil D. NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY!!!!!!!! Hi, Digger242j, Good call, Mate. This thread does have the potential to be very informative - - - - or a 'bash fest'. Let's hope we can all share our information and experiences in a civilised way and learn from the sharing. It is sometimes hard to compare individual machines against each other because there may be some aspects of a 'bad' machine that are actually quite good while the machine as a whole is just a pile of problems. My approach to this would probably be more along the lines of, 'list the machines with which you have had problems or things that you didn't like and list those problems/things and let's see which machines end with the most black marks against them'. Hope this helps.
Not to get off topic (which might possibly be the best thing for this thread anyway), but, there are is a list of words that the software automatically censors. Even though a poster (and the rest of us) might use them in everyday conversation on the jobsite, and the poster might mean no offense in using them, the rule says you can't disguise them and use them here. I never want to be accused of being unfair to anyone, so, if I see any examples of that, I have to edit them. That way everyone can be equally upset with me. Now, back to this extremely worthy discussion....
I work on a lot of different makes and sizes of dozers. Two outfits I do work for have FD195 fiats that are excellent machines. If I depended on these two machines to put food on my table I would be much thinner. Although when they first came out there was a steering brake malfuntion. The brake bands would wear premauturly but this was solved by useing brake bands for the FD175. And later Fiat redesigned the brake bands other than this I know of no problems with the175's or 195's.
Define large dozer?
Define Large Dozer. Hi, LDK. If you wanted to get really tecker-nickel about this, you would have to go into what was a large dozer for its era. For the sake of expediency let's just say anything that is larger than a small dozer, perhaps from D6 on up. Would you be happy with that?
Well i can add one: The liebherr 742, around -85-95. It starts easily with a Mercedes engine, but runs in a matter like "Imsh Allah". If Allah want's.(and the locals in the middle east laughs everytime u use that) They put electronic controll on the hydrostatic pumpe and drive. And reliability is not good from that timeperiod. Everytime i wan't it to run, this b*****d need multiple starts and jiggling with mainplugs to the brain.(cpu):Banghead
Don't worry I'm not going after your favorites. I would like to know some good and bad points that others have discovered with certain brands of large dozers. I've thought about purchasing a dozer since a good friend just started a business. I don't want some junker. I know the old 8's the best, but they are way over priced and alot are pretty trashed. Ya can't find a used Komatsu, they've all been bought by overseas folks. I still see ads that they want to purchase Komatsu's. They use the stuff till it dies then try to sell it back for what they paid for it. And with the economy getting ready to drop maybe its best to just wait. Definition of large dozer 70,000 lbs plus
Hola Deas, I'm always happy, ask the cook. I think that you are right on when you bring in the era, any western world dozer would have to be compared to its like and age. But as far as the worst dozers in the world it has to be any of the Chinese copy CAT or copy Komatsu dozers. And any of the ex comunist country line up's that I have come across, if you take into consideration output, useability and reliability. I would hate to have a project that was relying on any of these dozers to make a profit but of course they didn't have too.
Running an old cat side by side, two dozers with one blade had to be fun. The twin engine euchlids look interesting, and anything with a cable blade on it. I believe that new operators don't know what they are missing by not having to operate the old stuff. The dozer i learned on was a deere 40 w/ 2 way blade, three speed manual trans, thats no torque converter, and nothing to keep the sun off you. Then I got a chance for some seat time on a new d5g with a cab, worlds of difference. Dozers sure have came a long way.
LDK aren't alot of cat dozers and parts made in china now? I think cat has some factorys there.
Wrenchbender, Very interested in your comments on fiatallis-before I bought our 175 I talked to a few people who had dealings with them and the 175 came across as a darned good machine. However Fiat are real good at putting in pasta bolts where they reckon the stresses are light. For example when my fitter was replacing the belly plates after a service some of the bolts cross threaded and had to be replaced. So in light of this sort of problem when I needed a big dozer a D9G was purchased-its hard to ignore high quality! This also serves to illustrate the fact most every manufacturer can have a real peach of a machine amongst a bunch of lemons!!!!! Dozer 575-I see you have at last revealed the true purpose of this thread. My advice based on my own experience is to look for a good D8. I have regularly scanned Machinery Trader.com and yes I know there are some real dogs for sale but you remember you only want one D8 for yourself not a whole fleet! So watch carefully and the right one will turn up-my D9g cost me $48,000 but I know that it will earn me a heck more than that before needing money spent. Neil
Neil D wrote Wrenchbender, Very interested in your comments on fiatallis-before I bought our 175 I talked to a few people who had dealings with them and the 175 came across as a darned good machine. However Fiat are real good at putting in pasta bolts where they reckon the stresses are light. For example when my fitter was replacing the belly plates after a service some of the bolts cross threaded and had to be replaced. So in light of this sort of problem when I needed a big dozer a D9G was purchased-its hard to ignore high quality! Yes I agree with you on the cheap bolts used on covers,shields & belly pans. But as an over all machine these are great Dozers they just don't break enough to feed my family. Now the old 7GB Fiat Allis track loaders they feed us well with thier weak final drives.lol
HI 575, I wasn't aware that CAT were building equipment in China but with all that cheap labour there, I imagine that it could be so. The copy Cat and Komatsu dozers that I mentioned are built buy a Chinese company.
http://forums.industryweek.com/showthread.php?t=274 I'm sure there are more and better sites. When it happens we will hear how its all to cat standards etc. But in the end like everything else they do corners will be cut, to make the american brands(CAT) look bad, so their copied brands will look better. I predict that someday china will build the best equipment in the world. Cause all the american stuff will be made in the poor 3rd world countrys. Things at first will be under Cat control, then after the americans leave the quality will take a dive. Japan will end up like America, they already are helping China build equipment. http://fortune-group.en.alibaba.com...09/Road_Construction_Machinery/Bulldozer.html Yup someday it's gona be "Chinapillar"
The worst? Allis chalmers HD41 and fiat allis FD50, i cant think of any worse than them!!.
Worst Large Dozers. Hi, Folks. There are still at least two that come readily to mind that nobody has yet mentioned. Let's see who's been around a bit. What do you think they might be?
Euclid????
Worst large dozers Could possibly be the Vickers Vigor, and IH TD 24 that Deas is thinking of. Both had their there share of problems in their day.
Wottarthey??????? Hi, Squizzy. No, Mate. The 'Oyclids', in spite of all their faults and and the many things that operators didn't like about them, were not a bad dozer. They were pretty reliable, had power that they could put on the ground and they got the job done. That is mroe than you could say for the two that I am thinking of. Hi, RDG. Welcome to the forum. You have one of the ones that I am thinking of, the Vickers. There were actually two models of Vickers that I know of and neither was much use as a dozer. They were too fast over the ground and gave big mobs of clutch, transmission and track problems when used on dozing work. They lasted better as scraper tugs and had the pace for that job but still were not a reliable machine by any stretch of the imagination. With their tank-style track system, they did ride better than most other crawlers on scraper work but it gave its fair share of problems too. I agree that the TD24 had its share of problems and probably did more than any other IH model, except the infamous TD30, to sink that company. The TD30????? Now there was a BAD machine but it's still not the other one that I am thinking of. The make is well known today and IS involved in dozer manufacture again but is far better known for another product. I think this answer will surprise a few people. There was also an Italian manufacturer, Ansaldo, who made dozers for some years but they were so 'popular' that I have never seen any of their several models, let alone operated any of them. In all my wanderings around the 8 or 9 vintage machinery sites that I visit from time to time, I have only ever seen mention of ONE Ansaldo crawler still running and that was about 5 years ago, over at Yesterday's Tractors. http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/ Any more guesses????
Worst Dozers Just another guess after Deas gave a clue, I would say maybe Liebherr considering they are more well known for their line of Excavators than dozers. The other Vickers model was the Vickers Vikon which had a 4cyl RR diesel rated @ 140 hp, think there is one or two still alive in NZ going from info in a machinery book.
Keep trying. Hi, RDG. Nope. Keep trying. I know the Leibherr dozers and track loaders weren't/aren't flash but they aren't the ones I'm thinking of. I think a few people's eyebrows will climb a bit when I tell who it is. To the best of my knowledge, they made two models way back then and both were money pits right from new. They sent a number of companies to the wall.
Mister Deas, How about the operator friendly EMCO everyone I've seen has had a rough life to say the least. And all the operators were cussing them for one reason or another.
Eimco dozers. Hi, Wrenchbender. The Eimco dozer is one that had slipped my mind and I'm not sure whether to thank you or not for reminding me of it. However, it is not the one that I'm thinking of - 'natcherly', since I'd forgotten it - and I'd rate them somehwere a bit lower than the larger IH's like the TD18 and TD24 but a bit ahead of the infamous TD30. Incidentally, I don't really regard the TD18 as a bad tractor if that was all it was used for, as a tractor. On steady pull drawbar work, many people got quite a good run out of them. It was just that their final drives could not stand the shock loads of heavy dozer work.
I'll put you out of your misery. Hi, Folks. The 'other' dozers that I am thinking of are the HITACHI TO7 and TO9. They qualify in my mind as two of the worst piles of pus that God ever let anybody pump diesel fuel into. They hit the market here in DownUnder in about 1966-7 and had virtually disappeared from the market again in about two years. NOBODY that I know of who bought one - or more - had a single kind word to say about them after they'd worn the paint off the blade. These dozers were on the market at about the same time that I first started seeing Kummagutsa dozers around the traps and I got to operate some Kummagutsas about that time too. I got to see my first Hitachi dozer on a float heading out to a job from the dealer's yard. It was back in the dealer's yard being repaired in two months and never spent more than two months out of the dealer's yard in the next 18 months, when it's much sadder owner sold it. He musta bin a helluva conman to make that sale 'cos by then the Hitachi dozer name STUNK. I actually saw a TO9 trying to do a job of levelling for a car park alongside an existing service (gas) station about 15 years ago. I nearly fell out of the car when I saw it. I thought they had all been taken out to the back paddock and shot many years earlier. Mind you, it ran true to form. It spent a fair bit of time broken down. Now, hands up anybody who remembers these beasts?
Worst Dozer Didnt realise Hitachi made dozers back then, cant say I ever saw or heard of any back in Kiwi land back in them days. Did have Eimco in mind but they dont have any products on the go today so ruled them out.
Does your profile name have anything to do with this thread?? I have not heard good things about the 575s.
Well then tell us about it please. And what about D455's? I'd like to hear about all the big Komatsu's and what ya think and have heard. I've run the old -1 D375's alot they were pretty worn but ran great, very impressed with them.
Hi Deas Plant Having never heard of these dozers, I still get curious about in WHAT WAY they were so bad. Was it 1. reliability, 2. Workability, 3. lack of power 4. instability?? What size class were they? By the way way the first dozer I ever operated was a TD24 back in 1972. I remember problems with the front cable control (got stuck), magneto ingintion, terrible noise and lack of power Regards Hjolli
Hitachi Dozers - their first efforts. Hi, Hjolli. In answer to your queries, ALL of the above and they were roughly equal to the D6 8-9U and the D7 3T. Reliability was their biggest issue, mostly because they didn't have any. They were just poorly engineered and could not stand the shock loads of dozer work. I never saw one on drawbar work only to know if they lasted any better there. I'm surprised that you found the TD24 was lacking in power, unless it was in pretty poor condition.. Most operators found that the TD24's had much more grunt than the D8's of the time. In large part, that was what brought them undone. Their back ends and drive trains couldn't handle the grunt. The TD24's hit the market in 1957. I started operating full-time in February, 1965, just 18 years later and they had all but disappeared from the scene. I've seen just 2 of them close up and never had the opportunity to operate one. I think that says something about them. Exactly what it says, I'll leave up to you.
I've been driving by this old Hitachi for years, and it has been for sale for about that long too - no takers. I can barely read the $18,000 asking price on the faded sign. John
That's wunn uv 'em. Hi, Deere John. Yep, that's one uv 'em. I'm surprised that it went for long enough to wear the grousers down that far. NO JOKE.
Might have worn them off trying to tow start it Deas!
Yep, I've kept this thread in mind for about the last year, and finally stopped in early July to snap some pictures of it. I didn't figure there was any real danger of it being sold before the pictures.
DOG Dozer. Deas, I have been around some right Dogs in the big Dozer class, but the Hitachi tractors are a new one on me, I have asked a few of my mates about them, but no one has ever seen or heard of them in the U.K. the local Lemon would be the Belaz Tank that Umo plant used to try and sell in the 70's to push load Scrapers, tctractors
hitachi dozer heres another one for sale http://www.trademe.co.nz/Business-f...rial/Diggers-excavators/auction-169401155.htm
Maybe you should quit driving it and start operating it.
Any New Holland dozer is junk
Dyslexia or just plain doan wanna read it right. Hello, Low Bidder. At a guess, I'd say you were referring to Deere John's post with the photos when you said, and I quote: "Maybe you should quit driving it and start operating it." Firstly, Deere John did NOT say that he was driving it. He said he had been driving BY it for years. Secondly, that is, at least in my humble estimation, a very assinine comment that contributes exactly NOTHING to the discussion, not even humor. Also, if you are going to make blanket statements of 'FACT' such as, and again I quote: "Any New Holland dozer is junk " may I suggest that you don't stop there but give your reasons so that others who haven't had your vast experience of the machines in question may know why you think that way. Just my 0.02. Hi, TCTractors. I don't know how many countries those Hitachi dozers were exported to but, if the way word spread about them DownUnder is anything to go by, I wouldn't think it would be many, at least outside of Asia. Do you happen to have any photos of the Belaz Tank, strictly for curiosity's sake, of course? What I found most surprising about the Hitachi dozer venture of the 1960's was the fact that they came back in the very early 1970's with arguably the best medium excavator range of the time and they're still right up there in that field. Again, just my 0.02.
Wrong one, Sandy. Hi, Sandy. Nope, that is not one of the jiggers in question. That is a prretty current model machine by comparison. The Hitachi dozers that I am referring to were made in the mid to late 1960's.
Sorry my bad, I should have paid more attention to what I am reading. It was the end of a long hot day chasing deadbeat customers. Everytime we run an ad for operators we always get people that DRIVE equipment. Again sorry Deere John and thanks for the heads up Deas
I knew you guys would put something about the 41's on here yes there were some good one's and some bad ones maybe you had one of those bad one's. I have had 2 41's an earlier Allis Chalmers 1973 model bought it used and put to work stripping overburden it never failed although it did have a few leaking orings and some hoses in the belly pan. The other one is a Fiat 41b which just so happens to be the last one that rolled off the line in Springfield Illinois the set up on it is really great for working around here in central Il. it has 36" tracks 8' tall x 17.5' wide semi blade with 3 counter weights it never used a drop of oil between changes @ 200 hrs i put 700 hrs on it stripping for Vulcan along with the other 41 and a 1994 CAT D10n that was completely rebuilt, push for push the 41 would out do the D10 the 10 had a 28 yd ublade twin tilt and a 4 barrel ripper we even had to put 31.5" track pads on it sanked with 28's the d10 weight 148,000 and the 41b' 160,000. The 41b was sold originally with a 24' rockland blade in 1985 to a phosphate mining company in Florida by Dewind machinery of Fort Lauderdale (Fiat dealer) ther were only 13 41's made in 1982 the phosphate company got the 1st and the last one #13 made. It was moved to Florida by rail in 1985 from the factory and sent back here by rail to Peabody #10 coal mine Pawnee IL. One it has 16,883 hrs on it to this date I will try to post some pictures soon.
d-155 komatsu, not saying this is a bad machine but the one i've ran you would have to pull the clutch's clear to your lap and stomp on the brake,bury a corner bit,made for a very long day,and on a cold morning pull the decompression lever get her cranking spray some go juice dog it in and let it rip till you hear it catch all cylinders,looked like it was on fire till she warmend up. aw those were the days ha ha
At least not till the price of scrap goes up some more!
"Everytime we run an ad for operators we always get people that DRIVE equipment. " Yes, and then they will tell you that they will drive it over to "gas it up."
The Belaz Tank, Deas' I sort of kept my head down when it came to anything close to getting near the "TANK" it was not a tank realy just an odd looking thing that could have been a Tank or made into one if it was fitted with a Gun, it's engine was started with compressed air and it could make a right good Fog when cold, but I have no pic's sadly, I did get involved with the Dump trucks (Mine Cars) a good bit though, tctractors
the worst machine I've ever been on ( and this is only 2 years ago) is a D7-17 that I inspected for a mate. Old Grandma was in exceptional condition but had been converted to a hydraulic blade and whoever had set it up had the control lever backwards. Every time I went to sink the blade it went up and vice versa. Took me less than 5 minutes to turn the job site into a dogs breakfast... and then I told my mate to buy her.
Worst Dozer I know exactly where the Hitachi dozer is in Deere Johns photo's.It has been around that yard for years,remember driving past it in the late 70's.
haha.. i can just see it now
i looked at a old allis chalmers HD14 ..it wasnt even good enough for scrap..she had been most likely left in the open for most of its life..it is sad to see a old girl go to waiste
Have you ever seen russian dozers? they are only operator friendly if you have been drinking a gallon of smirnoff vodka :drinkup
In the 70s they were pushing Belaris farm tractors around here. Made in Russia I believe, - were they related or just happen to have similar spelling
Its Belarus, and they are / were made in Belarus. My dad bought a 420a back in 1989 and its still around. His has a detachable backhoe and loader. Best thing about it is that its very easy on fuel, worst thing about it is the entire rest of it. Shift too fast and your taking the shifter off the top of the trans because finger jumped the gears. It takes a 5 acre field just to turn around. The rops vibrates louder than the engine at just under pto rpm. It has weird metric sized tires that are hard to find over here. The three point hitch hasn't worked right since new. The engine has leaked oil since new, though not too severly. The front drive shaft was unshielded and would bind up with hay when you were stradling a windrow. Its a pain to refuel. And it doesn't want to start below 50 degrees. Other than that, its a good tractor.... Anyhow, as for as bad cats go, how are the chineese copy cats doing? Anybody been around them?
Old russian tractors didn't have a real manufacturer name, they only called them by modell, for example DT75, T-130, 525 and so oon... The name Belarus is given because the tractor was made in Belarus (a town) tractor plant, totally similar tractors could be named Harkov, just because they were made in the town of Harkov. how about changing name on Caterpillar to Peora? sorry for the of topic, but russian equipment still sucks. If we have to find something good with them, it is that they are not so sensitive, you are suposed to wrench them with torch/sledgehammer and for fuel you can use almost any liquid
Chinese copies Hi, Stumpjumper 83. Unless my 'Oldtimer's disease' is worse than I thought it was, I posted some photos somewhere here some time ago showing the 'shrapnel' from a Chinese-built SD6 that had detonated its transmission - at 800 hours. Last I heard, there was an ongoing argument about who was going to pay for what and, to the best of my knowledge, the dozer is still not working. The owner is one of my boss' brothers and he has been working for my boss on and off for a lot of the time since. That ONE is the only one that I know of around here.
any liquid? i was experimenting this summer with used engine oil.... i built a filter system and filtered it multiple times.... on really hot days i would run 500 liters of diesel fuel with 120 liters of used oil... the old D8H's just loved it... the D8K's would only tolerate around 80-100 liters of oil in 500 liters of diesel..... seems to make the diesel just as heavy as it once was 25 years ago lol.
I was recently on a jobsite working along side a "Shantui" chinese built dozer looked like a rip off of a Komatsu... what a piece of junk!
Chinese Kummagutsa's Hi, Catskinner 77V. I know one bloke here in sunny Queensland, DownUnder, who has a Chinese-built - as distinct from a Chinese copy - Kummagutsa D155A-6 or 8 dozer with a 'Cummins-apart-at-the-seams' 855 donk in it at around 380 hp. He says it is one of the better dozers he has owned. He is a Kummagutsa man through and through, for work, but he is restoring a couple of Cat D6's, an 8U and a 9U, has a couple of old Cletracs and 2 French ADN's, an ADN70 and an ADN130. The 130 is a bit of a beast with an 18-litre MAN diesel of 130 hp, started by a 4-banger pony motor. There is no equaliser spring or bar as such, just short leaf springs reaching forward from the battleship hull style main frame to contact points on the insides of the track frames. The blade on this jigger was also an inside-mounted arrangement, cable controlled. It also has dual controls so that it can be 'driven'-operated from either side. Most controls, master clutch, steering clutches and brakes, etc., were air boosted, circa 1947 to 1960. Now here's another innovation that I have NOT seen on anything else. The radiator on that ADN130 comes away and the engine can be slid out on rails to give access for major servicing or repairs. Owzat?????????????????
haha sounds like something the "work horse" D8's should have been built with... I was getting pretty sick of liners dropping on me and pressure in the rads, getting blocks machined down can get expensive... that was untill i discovered one of caterpillars best kept secrets... a thread lock type gasket maker. I have sealed up liners that are out over 20 thou in places. bolt the heads back down and they run for another 4000 hours without a bit of foam in the rad. I like the cummins engines, the N14 is just a glorified 855. We run them in all our highway tractors. But the serviceability of caterpillar in our area is second to none... the "kummagutsa" dealership in our area hardly carrys the most basic filters in stock. and has changed ownership about 3 times in the past 4 years... so that pretty much tells you the commitment to our area komatsu has in plan. In my opinion, the service provided in a certain area for a machine pretty much decides how good that particular make is. I can't see finding parts for "Shantui" final drive or something all that easily in northern canada?!?!?! can you?
I think Chinese equipment is alot like Russian stuff, if you get a machine that has been manufactured at a good day, then you can have a good working unit. but then again if you get a bad day example, then you will have a big piece of scrap metall with nice paint :beatsme and the parts&support can be quite bad, that is good to consider if you have to do something with timetables. I was at Finlands biggest Heavy Equipment exhibiton recently, there i had to take a look on the China stuff, liugong and those. The workmanship and finnish looks quite bad, some of the skid steers looked like they were done in some garage. Deas! can you tell me what a ADN130 is? any pics?
Adn130 Hi, Sparffo. ADN - Acier Du Norde - North Steel - a French company, made crawler tractors and dozers from about 1947 to about 1960, give or take a few. Some of them were imported into DownUnder back when you couldn't get Caterpillar machines just after WW2. They had 4 models that I can think of at the moment, the ADN25, the ADN61, the ADN70 and the ADN130. The 25 was smaller and lighter than the Cat D2, The 61 was around Cat D6 size, the 70 was around Cat D7 size, maybe a little smaller - there wasn't a lot of difference between the 61 and the 70 - and the 130 was roughly equal to the Cat D8 2U. I suspect that there might have been another model somewhere in there about the 40 hp range but have not seen any evidence or examples of it. I have seen examples of all four of the other models and have photos of them somewhere on some of my old hard drives. I have recently had a substantial PC upgrade and I'm still trying to sort things out and get files and folders moved to where I want - and can find - them. When I find the photos, I'll try to remember to post them. Stay 'tooned'.
Come into the thread late but from a repairmans point of view the D10T is the worst machine Ive encountered. The D8R - II is another nightmare but I wouldnt class this as a large Dozer. D11R are not bad and so is the D11T ... Just big and heavy ...
Aw c'mon dude... We are talking of all time here. We have Hitachi dozers in this conversation!
d8rII's to hitachi, shantui, and russian tanks with blades.... Thats like comparing snap-on tools to tv infomercial homeowner fix it up sets....
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what he said! my thoughts to a tee! though i would have said... " thats like comparing snap on tools to a "family use only" ratchet set lol.
"Dude" Ha Ha Ha ... C'mon .... Hitachi dozers. Least you can tip the cabs over to get at stuff. Snap-on tool's are like CAT equipment in a way ... Over-rated ... They Buy companys out then re-brand ... etc ... etc Ever Worked on a D10T dozer? And why would you be even talking about hitachi, shantui, and russian tanks with blades.... Everyone knows Cat make the only decent Big dozer!
atleast with caterpillar the parts are easy to get and you can usually have the machine up and running in short order...... i own a hitachi television.... it works just fine. lol
some times the infomercials stuff is better than snuff off
Wrenchbender I also own a Fiat FD175&2 FD255's and I will say they are one Tuff dozer.We have ran the first 255 to 10000hrs and in process of trading on new Dressta td20h.The Dressta is a little lighter than the 255's and we are wondering if we are making a good move but with no 255's being exported to North America I ran with the Brand I am familiar with.I have 4700 hrs. on the 175 and it has basically run trouble free,other than routine maitenence. Steve
These replaced the other brand. I wish I spent more time taking better pics. This company has alot big gear buys all major bands Komatsu.Hitachi,Cat
cat all the way
. www
One minor point for accuracy....Belarus is the country, the equipment is made in the capital of Minsk - hence why they call the products MTZ (Minsk Tractor Zavod) and the truck factory of MAZ - Minsk Avto Zavod.......and as you correctly state Xarkiv crawlers - XTZ - are made in the mid eastern city of Ukraine. As a Brit who has lived and worked out here in the former Soviet countries (and occassionaly in Finland ;-) ) now for the neck end of 14 years I can see both sides of the coin and understand probably better than most what they have to put up with. I regularly see a variety of machines in various conditions and states of repair.....the overwhelming benefit the 'local machines' offer is the availabilty of parts and as stated they will take a lot of abuse. The western/eastern eqpt is of course gaining a foothold everywhere out here now because of the reputation and of course the quality is much better and the operator comfort is light years ahead.....although they all break down. I see you (Sparffo) are in Finland, presumably if you go anywhere near Helsinki Harbour or up around Laparento (major town up on the border with Russia) you can testify the amounts of machines - new and s/h - that head in to Russia on the flat-bed rail wagons - as the rail guage fits the same. But as my learned friend Sir Stock has so correctly stated the old "Russian" machines are better than nothing at all.
First dozer I ran was a HD16 Allis Chalmers.Carry the ol man coffee.He would drink and make me doze.Then a IH TD15,Then a D6B with pony start.All Standard shift.Last was a D8R with A/C. Has any body run a Terex?Screaming Jimmy with one blade ram.Ugly green color.Seen one up close for sale too.I'm overhauling a Fiat Allis FD5 not bad to work on.Most parts are available but some are not.
I would have to defend the Belarus Farm tractors. I have 2 of them, both bought used. A 96 model 825 and a 02 model 8345. They are 85 hp with 4wd, loaders and cabs made in Sweden. Only complaint I have is the A/c and heaters. They were added in Milwaukee WI. 8345 has a conventional gearshift that is rather difficult to find the gears. The 825 has the earlier dial-a matic shifter that is great when you get used to it. Both tractors will run all day on 19 gallons of fuel. By turning up the pumoo it would be the same as the 95 hp model. They made an articulated 300hp model that was a real workhorse. Both tractors were bought at a price that was 1/4 price of the comparable Deere or New Holland or Case/IH model. Both tractors have over 2000 hours on them. My New Holland TS110 has eaten an injection pump and charging pump at 1500 hours and this appears to be normal in all these new style pumps. My Belarus tractors will outwork both Deere and Case/IH models here in OKlahoma. The cabs are really roomy, but the tractors are a narrow 7ft width. US tractors are 8 ft. Even So, the Belarus is really stable on slopes. My only complaint is that the loader supplier did not allow for servicing the air cleaner with the loader installed. However, the New Holland with a Koyker loader, the loader has to be removed to clean the hyd oil cooler and the radiator screen.
It depends on who you ask I have a 81 Hd5 fiat Allis, with 8000 hr still pushing.
This one would have been fine.But when the owner hires kids who run it out of fuel then shoot a can of either in it>Then when it drops a valve .Had the head removed and sit outside about three years this doesn't help the engine.Thats why I am over hauling it.