Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Whats this? Windrow Eliminator?

Silveroddo ยท 2023-04-04 22:12

Cruising the old interweb I came across this on an old champion on machinery trader. It looks to be mounted to a rear lift group and slides hydraulically side to side. I'm thinking its some kind of windrow eliminator/packer? Doing forestry work where you're dealing will grass and sod I've dreamt of something like this, never seen anything built for the purpose though. Anyone seen or used something like this?

Replies13
  1. #1Silveroddo2023-04-04 22:13

    1992 CHAMPION 720A For Sale in Burnaby, British Columbia 1992 CHAMPION 720A For Sale in Burnaby, British Columbia at MachineryTrader.com www.machinerytrader.com

  2. #2skyking12023-04-04 22:59

    I'm thinking for rolling shoulder rock after you smear it in off the pavement

  3. #3cuttin edge2023-04-05 10:10

    Never seen that type of saddle lock on a champion either.

  4. #4Welder Dave2023-04-05 17:46

    I saw that same ad and wondered what that wheel was for too. Champion made a windrow eliminator but it was completely different. I think there's pics. in brochures online. I thought maybe that wheel could be used for packing small windrows that come off the blade like when doing the final pass on gravel roads. Left loose might cause a vehicle to get squirlly if it hit it right.

  5. #5skyking12023-04-05 18:16

    Around here the county dumps rock on the pavement and then blades it into the shoulder. That would work perfect for rolling the shoulder while keeping the grader tires on the pavement.

  6. #6cuttin edge2023-04-05 19:55

    On the wrong side. Might be able to flip it around to the other side though.

  7. #7cuttin edge2023-04-05 20:01

    If your operators manual is still in your 730, there is a windrow eliminator in the attachments section. That might be where you saw it. This one is made by Craig. Looks a bit delicate. https://www.craigattachments.com/products/grader/windrow/series-ii-windrow-eliminator/

  8. #8Welder Dave2023-04-05 20:07

    It might have been in the operators manual I saw it. Definately more than just a wheel and tire.

  9. #9ovrszd2023-04-24 10:41

    That ole kid is knee deep in rubber!!!!

  10. #10Silveroddo2023-04-27 22:43

    The more I look at the old girl the more I wish it wasn't clear on the other side of the country.

  11. #11skyking12023-04-27 23:15

    It's in my neck of the woods, and with 127 pictures it does look good For me it would be a solution looking for a problem.

  12. #12Welder Dave2023-04-28 00:03

    It had controls for some kind of sweeper in the cab. It looks the contraption on the back is made by Ateco.

  13. #13cuttin edge2023-04-28 07:59

    The broom most likely hooks to the rear. The interior is almost identical to my old 730. The circle looks to be in really good shape. The teeth are hardly worn at all.