Its OBVIOUS, but not to the operator of this excavator. When I pulled up this morning beside this machine, the operator swung over the side and lifted the track off the ground and bounced out of the cab. The brief conversation went as follows: OP "That doesn't look right does it?" ME LOL "NO!" OP "Isnt there some shock absorber thingy that's supposed to hold that in place?" ME LMAO "Hell NO!" OP "Well, I noticed that big wheel was jumping up and down last week." ME ROTFLMAO "WHAT? Are you new here?" OP "The boss told me to shoot grease in the grease cylinder but it wont do anything." ME LOLing hard "That's because the stroke has bottomed out. Your F^&%ing with me aren't you!?" OP "NO! I'm SERIOUS!" ME (Looking around) "OK...…..where's the camera crew ?"
Job security. Put that OP on your Christmas card list!
Yea But it do make it easier to know what to replace ,every thing. Bob
I just ran across one of those recently for the first time, only it sawed one of the arms off too! It was an aftermarket idler with only about 2000 hours on it. Judging from the bushing on the link you knocked the pin out of it is due for rails shortly also, like Junkyard said, job security!
Boss says, "Just grease it." Wonder what the reduction side of the drive looks like. Bet it has anti-sieze looking oil.
If he just noticed that last week I wonder what he is going to notice next week??? LOL
Yeah, the rails are shot. It will be breaking pins and links from now on. I'll be checking the final oil once I am done with the idler.
Better check the boom pins and bushings for grease ! Oh, and the fluid levels too !
Why you wanna spoil a good thing, that woulda been next month's income.
How long were they operating it in this condition? What must that have been like.
Wasn't like that yesterday. It just happened, I swear.
It was my cross shift
All you can do is shake your head and think of how many Christmas presents for your kids you will finally be able to afford next year. Keep this on on the hook and play them out. Find out who the book keeper is and make friends. Maybe they will give you a hint before the company goes broke.
Awesome... Lol Keep him with you guys....we already have our fair share here lol..
I got this finished up yesterday and I did inform them of the trashed out rollers and rails. This company could be another gold mine for me as they have a lot of equipment working 6 different shale and dirt pits. Too bad I'm not 30 years younger...….I don't have a lot of time left in this business to make my retirement funds.
From the looks of things, you found your fat hog ready for slaughter. This may be the "one"
As long as she's still putting out!
Maybe do like John suggested and get cozy with the accountant that why you got a heads up Certainly don't wanna let them get in to you for too much
Just hope it's not ugly guy