Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

When / where was engine built and what is the power?

rabet · 2020-05-11 07:59

Hi all, I have a 416B cat with engine number 5HK14627 3054 turbo, I have checked perkins and cannot find this number. Can any one help with build information where, when, output etc. Many thanks Rabet

Replies7
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2020-05-11 08:55

    I'm thinking that engine was built in Japan by Mitsubishi. I could be wrong someone else on here with more smarts that me may have a better idea.

  2. #2tractormech2020-05-11 09:30

    It could be a Shibaurra engine. Post a picture if you can. Does it have a block injection pump? if so look right above the pump for a tag with your info on it.

  3. #3excavator2020-05-11 14:43

    A 3054 would have been built by Perkins, should be basically the same as the 1000 series Perkins. The 5HK number is a Cat number and will not match up anywhere in the Perkins system. I would suggest going to Google and start by searching something like "who built the 3054 Caterpillar engine", also "Caterpillar 426B specs" would probably find you the horsepower rating. There's a lot of info out there if you take the time to look for it.

  4. #4DEMLONE702020-05-11 15:01

    Serial number of the 416B ?

  5. #5Nige2020-05-11 17:16

    What's the enigine Arrangement Number..? It should be right next to the Serial Number on the data plate and will be something like 7E-7702 or 7E-9959............. As originally built those engines were generally rated at 77 BHP in Naturally Aspirated form or 82 BHP if they were turbocharged.. Build date, April-June time frame 1994 as near as I can tell. If it was built by Perkins for Cat you will not be able to get any data on it from Perkins. All parts & service for those engines was done through the Cat dealer network.

  6. #6rabet2020-05-12 05:20

    Hi and thanks for ninfo. Nige, in answer to your question, Engine arragement number 7E-7702 Rabet

  7. #7Nige2020-05-12 10:49

    That’s interesting. 7E-7702 is the naturally aspirated arrangement. Someone must’ve modified it after it was built. The turbocharged 3054 engine for a 416B is a 7E-9959 arrangement.