Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where do you get your Case backhoe parts???

rebible ยท 2022-02-14 20:10

I have recently acquired 580SE. I have not found any online discount source for parts, like there are for the CATs.. anyone have any iinsight. thanks, robert

Replies17
  1. #1thepumpguysc2022-02-14 21:50

    Dale Weiss @ TractorStuff

  2. #2franklin22022-02-16 10:50

    I use ebay. But I have a 480C. You need to get on the Case website and pretend you are going to buy it there, figuring out the part numbers that you need. You can then do a google search and a search on ebay using those part numbers and find the cheapest place. If you go through the "front door" and search for "Case backhoe parts", you will not find the cheapest places to buy. I regularly get cylinder packing kits for $30 or less. A lot of those Case part dealers have stores on ebay.

  3. #3DaveA2022-02-16 18:18

    what parts do you need. cylinder packing are easy most of the parts are off the shelf

  4. #4gggraham2022-02-17 11:03

    Paint Valley, Joseph Industrial, Blumaq all have Case parts depends what you are looking for? Cylinder kits are easy to source after market Hercules or Grizzly

  5. #5JBrady2022-02-17 14:36

    It depends on what you are looking for. You'll find that there are Case construction dealers and then the Case New Holland dealers, which do farm tractors. I know the oils are the same at either dealer, I think filters are as well. For backhoe parts, you'll have to go to the construction dealers or buy online like mentioned above. I have found that my local Case Construction dealer often has parts that are close enough in price to what I can find online so I usually just go there to support local and for convenience.

  6. #6DaveA2022-02-18 08:37

    I do business with Joseph. they are a very good company

  7. #7Willie B2022-02-18 08:39

    Con Equip Broken Tractor

  8. #8Tinkerer2022-02-18 08:48

    A&I Products

  9. #9Stanley the dog2022-02-20 20:34

    I also have had very good luck finding parts from Dale at tractor stuff

  10. #10Mnagel552022-02-24 13:54

    I learned recently that my local Case TRACTOR dealer is far better set up (and cheaper) than my local Case Industrial dealer

  11. #11hookedondiesel2022-02-24 17:32

    So, where is " this" dealer?

  12. #12gggraham2022-02-25 08:52

    Any of the AG dealers can usually get Engine, Backhoe, CTL and Skidsteer parts and they can be cheaper than the CE dealers. Best thing is call your AG dealer with your part number and see if it is a "brand" violation. CE dealers can get AG parts as long as they are common to both lines.

  13. #13hookedondiesel2022-02-26 08:31

    Well being from Ontario as yourself, I have tried to get parts from Ontario to no avail, I finally ended up getting my parts from messick's in the USA.

  14. #14Damon J Jones2022-03-02 18:25

    I need a 580C engine block. I believe it's the 3.5 liter. Or a running engine or somehow fix the cracked block in mine.

  15. #15Tinkerer2022-03-02 19:31

    The 580C's have 207 cubic inch engines in them. Not a 3.5 liter. A bare block will be very hard to find. It will take a lot of time searching the internet. A lot of the salvage yards rebuild them and offer them for sale.

  16. #16Willie B2022-03-02 20:49

    Welding cast iron is tricky. If it held engine oil, there will be a bunch of contamination. A hole in the water jacket is simpler to weld. Cast offers two challenges: It's dirty enough to be difficult to gain fusion. It has very little tensile strength & it won't stretch at all. Grind away enough to expose two surfaces. Preheat all you can 700 degrees F at least. Weld with a TIG torch forming a coating on each surface. Called buttering, I suggest 308 stainless filler, or Hastelloy filler. Form a puddle, then power brush again & again until you are able to butter the whole face each side of the break. Once coated, there are a variety of fillers you can bridge the gap. You've now filled a void with material that will shrink. There are several strategies to slow cooling, it won't likely fit in the gas grill. If the tractor is worth it, a replacement block is your best solution.

  17. #17thepumpguysc2022-03-02 23:35

    Did u try Dale at Tractor Stuff.?? Search his name or business..