I have a 1998 650 G and I am looking for the drain for the hydraulic fluid. I got one access panel off on the bottom and the big belly pan is under the engine only. I can't imagine it is under the engine. BTW it has a factory winch on it. I don't know if that makes a difference. You all don't think JD wants you to suck it out of where you put the fluid in? Also how much and what type of fluid goes in it. Thanks in advance.
Here you go...per the operator's manual
oh...and the hydraulic reservoir holds 10 gallons
Farm boy I really appreciate the info and help. Hopefully sometime I can help you. Thanks again
I worked for a company once with two 650Gs which were different versions,maybe even different years but there was a lot of difference in the two dozers.I remember having to pull the large return hose under the machine to drain the hydraulic fluid for replacement.That would have been on the "newer one" as I percieved them to be as related to one another.I am pretty sure that the other one had a real petcock or a "T" of some sort to drain it properly. You remember things like that for a long time. SUCH AS,needing three different size wrenches to change the air filter elements on a Volvo loader.The engineers must have had their head up their asses on that one. I have found that the swedish equipment is most unfriendly to work in or on.Nothing is intuitive on them. John Deere is also tough to work on because everything is so compact generally but I guess if it were easy everybody would be doing it.LOL.Ron G