Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where to buy genuine cat parts in the Midwest

Skidoojunky ยท 2014-03-16 18:42

Ok guys.....as much as I love Caterpillar equipment the cost of replacement parts is ABSURD! There has to be somewhere in the states to buy discounted parts! ANYONE?!? Junkman Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Replies12
  1. #102Dmax2014-03-16 22:12

    American Crane in KC. Regal is another one. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #2durallymax2014-03-16 22:55

    Which parts are you specifically looking for. I've been surprised with everything I have gotten from them, been much cheaper than I expected and actually one of the cheapest OEM's I get parts from it seems.

  3. #3Skidoojunky2014-03-17 07:12

    Stuff like bogie wheels, undercarriage parts etc......in my personal fleet I have a 277c skid and a 301.5 mini x. My family owned fertilizer plant runs 3 928g wheel loaders and 14 pieces of Ag Chem equipment (terra gators and rogators) that are also sold and serviced by Cat dealers. I know on certain sprayer part items I have found the same thing with other vendors sometimes over 50% less the cost as my local Cat dealer. For instance the 10" bogies on my 277c are $87.00 at my Cat dealer. SOMEONE makes that bogie for cat/asv.....has anyone had any luck buying them anywhere else? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  4. #402Dmax2014-03-17 20:36

    I wouldn't be upset about $87 for a bogie wheel. Im all for saving money where I can but compare CAT prices to Komatsu or Deere and they're pretty cheap. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

  5. #5cartzblown94z2014-03-17 23:50

    Prowler sells parts as well as trackloaderparts.com. See if they have what ya need

  6. #6durallymax2014-03-20 23:58

    Or Volvo. Can't hep on MTL undercarraige parts, I don't own one but yet I have seen a bunch of different aftermarket companies offering them. That doesn't mean ASV/Cat do not make their own to their own specs and anything else will be better. Theres a few threads on here about this topic that may help shed some light on other brands and how well they work. Sprayers are a little different that specific MTL parts. Not to mention the fact that Ag-Chem ended up with the Cat dealer through Agco and thats been a mess for a lot of people.

  7. #7Skidoojunky2014-04-20 00:12

    Followed the lead from a friend, priced bogie wheels from my local Terex/ASV dealer, exact same bogie wheel was almost exactly 30% less $. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. #81466IH2014-04-20 02:19

    What part of Illinois are you in I am down by st. Louis and know of several places Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

  9. #9Skidoojunky2014-04-20 14:21

    I am around champaign. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. #10kb9tci2014-04-20 15:12

    I have been sold on Off Road Equipment down in TN, thanks to Nitelite. I have not been disappointed one bit with them. If you've read any of my thread on the 955L, you'll know how much luck I've had with them. I run through Champaign all the time. I am just a little south of you, by Effingham. Jeff at offroadeq.com is very helpful, and they have both CAT and aftermarket. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

  11. #11Skidoojunky2014-04-20 18:43

    Copy that kb, the Terex dealer I am using is in Casey Il. I will look into the guys in TN Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  12. #121466IH2014-04-20 19:24

    American crane and tractor in Fenton, Missouri or Boyd and Sons is a ctp dealer or Erb Equipment the deere dealer is great at finding aftermarket for about anything. They are who I deal with anytime I have a cat257 that come in for rollers and tracks. If you call erb ask for Don hesterberg Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk