I thought this would be the best thread to ask this in. I have a big 35k lb capacity Cat V300B forklift (1983 era,) and I'd like to replace the 6 tires on it without having to mortgage the farm or ask one of the NYC family members for a loan. Currently it wears 11.00 - 20 ML tube type rated at 12,975 lbs each, dual. I saw some surplus site on Ebay that had Michelin XZL's that would probably work, but they're tubeless and I don't want to go chasing down a set of wheels on top of tires...I just want to replace what I have. These are about done, dry rotted, worn out and at the end of their duty cycle. I don't use this machine hard or consistently anymore, so I can deal with older tires if they're usable. Anyone have any suggestions on where a fella could locate a source for these type of tires?
You can't run a tube in a tubeless tire ?
Simple Tire dot Com
I don't want to have to buy 6 tubeless wheels, only want to R&R the tires I have, which are tube type split rims.
I'm not seeing this. Why can't you buy those tubeless tires ? "I saw some surplus site on Ebay that had Michelin XZL's that would probably work," And use your old split rims (that need tubes) install tubes ? It's common to use tubes on leaky rims with a tubeless tire. At least in my KOTW.....
I'm finding load index 170 list 13,200 lb Searching using "170" in quotes I found these https://www.tiremart.com/deestone-d203-11-20-170a5-18-ply-tt-as-a-s-all-season-tire
Because the weight rating isn't there on those surplus XZL's that I want. They're substantially lower.
Good call AllDodge...appreciate it. I emailed them already about what I'm looking for. They have exactly what I need there. Thanks.
You left that fact out up to this point in the conversation sir.......
Been in contact with TireMart.com on these 11.00-20 ML tires AllDodge...they have what I need, and even though the website states you have to buy 4 tires to get the advertised pricing, I can pick them up from them in Allentown, PA individually or any amount of them I choose to. That was a great suggestion, and I appreciate the lead. I'm going to get them directly from their Allentown, PA location. Thanks.
Make sure to get new flaps and tubes. We had issues a while back finding a flap the right size. Not nearly enough tube type tires left around, for them to stock everything.
Also, that's great you can go pick them up, the shipping usually eats up any savings buying big tires online. Is that their only distribution hub? Or they offered other pickup locations?
There's other pickup locations, but the PA one was the closest to us. What they did say though was they won't sell any less than a set of 6 tires at once at the advertised price, so that threw the kybosh on that deal for now. Always something.
I thought you needed 6? Or are you just wanting drives and not the steers?
I do need 6 (eventually,) just not all at once. Two steers first, rest a bit...then spring for the other 4 at some point down the road. Expensive proposition all at once.