Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Who uses satellite radio?

Danial Doherty ยท 2009-07-22 16:51

Who all uses satellite radio?? Im thinking about picking up one beacuse im very sick of the local radio stations. What do you use, Xm or sirius??

Replies24
  1. #1Vantage_TeS2009-07-22 18:35

    Sirius if you're more a fan of music, XM if you are big into sports. I have Sirius (although now you can pay a little extra and get the "best of" package which you get the best of the two on whichever you go with).

  2. #2Canadian_digger2009-07-22 19:15

    I have Sirius and love it.

  3. #3jimmyjack2009-07-22 21:16

    have sirius in my pick up and a portable one for whatever im running ...had them for the last five years , love it :drinkup

  4. #4RTSmith2009-07-22 21:27

    I'm with Vantage, having had both in my trucks, the Sirius has better music variety.

  5. #5Dwan Hall2009-07-22 21:37

    Sirius here. Life time subcription was $299 back when I got it now it is $499 but well worth it.

  6. #6qball2009-07-22 22:35

    i have sirius. i bought the iphone because of the sirius app. life is good!

  7. #7Deerehauler2009-07-22 22:39

    I have XM in my truck. It is portable so I can take it with me on vacation if I want. I've subscribed for 4 years now and I would hate to go without it. Our local radio stations at the time I started were the absolute worst, although they have added a couple new stations and changed satellite DJ's on the other one.

  8. #8Knucklehead2009-07-23 12:41

    XM can't live without it

  9. #9joeallen2009-07-23 14:13

    xm is great

  10. #10erthmover2009-07-23 16:05

    Sirius here and worth every penny.

  11. #11STC732009-07-23 16:48

    Actually have both. Both great.

  12. #12Burnout2009-07-26 13:30

    I'm all over my Sirius... now if they would only send me my new radio since the old one took a dump after 6 months.

  13. #13stormdodger2009-07-26 13:53

    Sirius here with the xm package, so i can get my sports fix.:drinkup One for the buncher and one for the vehicle/home.

  14. #14upnover2009-07-26 17:38

    I just installed an XM in the mini ex yesterday in fact. I have the Roady XT which I can move from the car to the mini. I also have a Zune which picks up FM radio. So I broadcast the XM on the FM frequency to my Zune. The reason I do this is that I wear custom fitted ear plugs and can leave the machine with my Zune in my pocket and not have any wires to detach. My mini is too loud to have the sound come across in spreakers in the cab. Not to mention the hearing loss from turning up the volume. With the in-ear system I get hardly any background ( machine noise)

  15. #15LonestarCobra2009-07-26 20:01

    I have Sirius and would not go w/o it. I originally had Xm, but switched due to better music on Sirius.

  16. #16trenchman2009-07-26 21:47

    Slacker radio is the best. I had sirius but it to expensive and there was to much talk and not enough good music. www.slacker.com I have a FM transmitter for it so I can play it on any radio and I don't need an antenna.

  17. #179420pullpan2009-07-26 22:07

    Sirius - gotta love it!

  18. #18CAT140H2009-07-26 22:58

    I have XM in my chevy and Sirius in the grader. Both are pretty good for classic country music. I got Sirius because they carry the EWTN station.

  19. #19insleyboy2009-07-27 21:02

    XM all day! Great sports talk, Opie and Anthony rule!!!

  20. #20Eqman2009-07-30 12:12

    I have had both and i personally liked XM better. They play more older and variety where as Sirrius was all the new stuff very repetetivly. It seemed like local radio without commercials.

  21. #21groundsmechanic2009-07-30 14:26

    I had Sirius for a while and I enjoyed it. I only listened to to three or four channels so it kinda didn't make sense to pay for it so after a couple years I cancelled it. I never used XM so I can't give an opinion on that.

  22. #22gasfield315c2009-07-30 22:36

    i have sirius in my excavator, i bought an extra dock so all i have to do is take the reciever out of my work truck and put it in the dock in the hoe, wouldnt go without it. Sometimes the places we go the good FM stations dont pick up cuz its in the middle of nowhere, so i love my sirius

  23. #23BlackbeardMX2009-07-31 09:37

    I have XM. I loved channel 10 until the merge with Sirius. Now it's still OK, but not the same. I wish they would bring back Kilroy on Willies place too.

  24. #24Howard's Mulch2009-09-16 15:54

    I've had Sirius for years...not sure if the XM merger helped or hurt. Both operators had to give up some stations. Time will tell.