Why are auction prices on newer Terex TS14G's much, much lower than the comparable Cat 627G's? Is it the Cat mentality? Is the Terex such an inferior machine that compared to the Cat almost new ones with under 5000 hrs bring half to a third of the same machine with a Cat badge? Here are 2001-2005 TS14G's and 627G's that have sold at auction in the last 200 days starting with lowest prices at the top of the column and rising as you scroll down for each model. YEAR MANUFACTURER MODEL S/N PRICE (US $) LOCATION 2001 TEREX TS14G S7901053 US $42,500 OH 2001 TEREX TS14G Auction: 4/12/2011 In Cleveland, Ohio; 3,308 Hours; cab,29.5R25; RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2001 TEREX TS14G S7901054 US $42,500 OH 2001 TEREX TS14G Auction: 4/12/2011 In Cleveland, Ohio; 3,996 Hours; cab, 29.5R25; RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2001 TEREX TS14G S7901045 US $54,536 AB, CN Auction: 4/27/2011 - 4/29/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; cab,29.5x25; (Price entered as 52,000 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2000 TEREX TS14G S7901025 US $54,536 AB, CN Auction: 4/27/2011 - 4/29/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; cab,29.5x25; (Price entered as 52,000 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2003 TEREX TS14G S7901096 US $69,574 AB, CN Auction: 3/10/2011 - 3/11/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; 2,343 Hours; cab,29.5x25; (Price entered as 67,500 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2005 TEREX TS14G S8531014 US $70,334 AB, CN Auction: 4/13/2011 - 4/14/2011 In Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada; Cummins,cab,29.5R25; (Price entered as 67,500 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2003 TEREX TS14G S7901097 US $72,150 AB, CN Auction: 3/10/2011 - 3/11/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; 4,473 Hours; 29.5x25; (Price entered as 70,000 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2005 TEREX TS14G S8531013 US $83,359 AB, CN 2005 TEREX TS14G Auction: 4/13/2011 - 4/14/2011 In Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada; 5,395 Hours; cab,Cummins,29.5R25; (Price entered as 80,000 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2004 TEREX TS14G S7981139 US $92,765 AB, CN 2004 TEREX TS14G Auction: 3/10/2011 - 3/11/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; cab,29.5R25; (Price entered as 90,000 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2003 TEREX TS14G S7901101 US $92,765 AB, CN Auction: 3/10/2011 - 3/11/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; cab,29.5R25; (Price entered as 90,000 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2004 CAT 627G CAT00627GACEX00482 US $138,408 AB, CN Auction: 12/9/2010 - 12/10/2010 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; 11,948 yd3 Capacity; push/pull,cab; (Price entered as 140,000 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2001 CAT 627G CAT0627GEAXF00517 US $155,000 MD Auction: 6/7/2011 In North East, Maryland; 7,204 Hours; A/C,cab,cushion hitch; RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2001 CAT 627G CAT0627GEAXF00534 US $163,416 AB, CN Auction: 5/3/2011 In Calgary, Alberta, Canada; (Price entered as 155,000 CAD); CPA-Canadian Public Auction 2005 CAT 627G CAT0627GACEX00580 US $165,000 AZ Auction: 4/29/2011 In Phoenix, Arizona; 5,568 Hours; push/pull,A/C cab,33.25x29; RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2003 CAT 627G CAT0627GECEX00275 US $170,000 MN Auction: 12/14/2010 In Minneapolis, Minnesota; push/pull,ret,A/C cab,33.25x29; RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2004 CAT 627G CAT0627GECEX00440 US $177,500 MN Auction: 12/14/2010 In Minneapolis, Minnesota; 10,175 Hours; push/pull,ret,A/C cab,33.25x29; RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2003 CAT 627G CAT0627GPCEX00278 US $178,291 AB, CN Auction: 4/27/2011 - 4/29/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; 9,576 Hours; push,pull,cab,bale hook; (Price entered as 170,000 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2003 CAT 627G CAT0627GKAXF00703 US $179,231 AB, CN Auction: 5/3/2011 In Calgary, Alberta, Canada; 8,457 Hours; 33.25R29 tires; (Price entered as 170,000 CAD); CPA-Canadian Public Auction 2003 CAT 627G CAT0627GTCEX00280 US $180,913 AB, CN Auction: 4/27/2011 - 4/29/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; 10,084 Hours; push,pull,cab,bale hook; (Price entered as 172,500 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2003 CAT 627G CAT0627GHCEX00243 US $180,913 AB, CN Auction: 4/27/2011 - 4/29/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; 9,122 Hours; push,pull,cab,bale hook; (Price entered as 172,500 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2003 CAT 627G CAT0627GVCEX00240 US $180,913 AB, CN Auction: 4/27/2011 - 4/29/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; 9,258 Hours; push,pull,cab,bale hook; (Price entered as 172,500 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2003 CAT 627G CAT0627GJAXF00704 US $187,138 AB, CN Auction: 5/3/2011 In Calgary, Alberta, Canada; 8,707 Hours; push bar,33.25R29; (Price entered as 177,500 CAD); CPA-Canadian Public Auction 2003 CAT 627G CAT0627GAAXF00724 US $212,376 AB, CN Auction: 4/27/2011 - 4/29/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; 6,878 Hours; push,pull,cab,bale hook; (Price entered as 202,500 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2003 CAT 627G CAT0627GLAXF00725 US $241,217 AB, CN Auction: 4/27/2011 - 4/29/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; 6,284 Hours; push,pull,cab,bale hook; (Price entered as 230,000 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2003 CAT 627G CAT0627GLCEX00287 US $241,217 AB, CN Auction: 4/27/2011 - 4/29/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; 6,335 Hours; push,pull,cab,bale hook; (Price entered as 230,000 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2003 CAT 627G CAT0627GACEX00286 US $249,083 AB, CN Auction: 4/27/2011 - 4/29/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; 6,657 Hours; push,pull,cab,bale hook; (Price entered as 237,500 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2005 CAT 627G CAT0627GCCEX00567 US $249,083 AB, CN Auction: 4/27/2011 - 4/29/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; 8,528 Hours; cab,33.25R29; (Price entered as 237,500 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2005 CAT 627G CAT0627GPCEX00569 US $249,083 AB, CN Auction: 4/27/2011 - 4/29/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; 7,520 Hours; push,pull,cab,bale hook; (Price entered as 237,500 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2005 CAT 627G CAT0627GHCEX00565 US $251,705 AB, CN Auction: 4/27/2011 - 4/29/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; 6,968 Hours; push/pull,cab,bale hook,; (Price entered as 240,000 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2005 CAT 627G CAT0627GDBD00294 US $260,000 CO 2005 CAT 627G Auction: 6/7/2011 In Denver, Colorado; 7,307 Hours; push/pull,A/C cab,33.25x29; RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2005 CAT 627G US $283,168 AB, CN Auction: 4/27/2011 - 4/29/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; 4,862 Hours; push/pull,cab,bale hook,33.25R29; (Price entered as 270,000 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS 2005 CAT 627G CAT0627GPCEX00572 US $283,168 AB, CN Auction: 4/27/2011 - 4/29/2011 In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; 5,492 Hours; push/pull,cab,bale hook,; (Price entered as 270,000 CAD); RITCHIE BROS AUCTIONEERS
I suppose you have to ask, how much $ new is a TS14G and a 627G.
gives a good indication on the better machine IMO
The 627G has two engines. One in the front and another in the back. The TS14G has only got a single engine in the front. I think the CAT 621G would be a better comparison to the TS14G. Dave
Nevermind that. I miss-read the spec log I think. They both have 2 engines, but the engines on the 627G are larger than the TS14G. The 627G is also a 22 yd^3 scraper vs the TS14G which is a 14 yd^3 scraper.
According to RichieSpecs the TS14G has a combined 352 HP and a 20 yard cap. And the 627G has 684 HP with 22 yard cap. The 621G with 393 HP and 22 yard cap is a better comparison like you said earlier.
I dont know much about terex scrapers but I recall looking at one at a auction last year and it was not an ejector it was more of a carryall type dump system. I dont think it was a g model but it was a ts14. are all the terex carry all scrapers or were these some special order pans?? and if they are carryall models how well do they unload?
The TS 14s had bowl/floor the was sorta rolled forward and lifted to empty the load rather than push it out like the cat way.
the ts14 floors lift up to eject the load. uses a s cam looking setup. work well loading and dumping. if it is wet clumpy material that ends up a big clump in the bowl it can be a pain to dump. we have a bunch of TS14 A,B,and a C models. would love to try a new one.
Hi Abscraperguy TS14Gs and some of their owners here in NZ seem to be having more than their share of issues, used machines have been sitting waiting for buyers for some time, on the other hand older TS14s and 627s never sit for long. The 627 is more popular and you are getting quite a bit more in terms of power, weight and capacity The TS14g looks a lot more bang for your buck, but you get what you pay for. The main point here is Cat do a great job of promoting what they sell.
Showpony; Your right you do get a bit more with the CAT 627G than the TS14G. More weight 10 tonne more to pump the soft ground up (also you need a bigger float), More power (more fuel useage per hour), And capacity 2 yrds more i don't think thats a big enough difference ,because you get the same hourly $ rate with 627 or TS14 both rated at 20 yrds. Now this post does not mean i don't like cats 627s I DO it just means in my area how can you justify a machine more than double the price to earn the same money hourly rate. and with the resale price if you don't pay it up front you don't have to get it at the other end ie;when you sell. Leroy
LOL You really think 2 TS14's are moving the same amount of dirt as a pair of 27's??? ointhead
been on jobs with both. the 627's are nicer to run, but the 14's seem to get more done.
If the guys on the 27 have a bad case of yellow feaver and the 14s are just doin it, then the 14s probably will.LOL
If you have qualified operators on each pair then there is no way. 27's have more power which means load faster, and heavier and will get up and go faster, which means faster cycle times! And if you do get into softer material the 27's will be able to run threw it in a higher gear. The only was the TS14's have the 27's beat is in fuel consumption
i have seen 627's pulled off jobs many times and replaced with 14's. around here the ground just won't often support a loaded '27 without pushing it to and fro.
1.) Reliability - IMHO Cat makes a better product. Rebuild a Cat with 20,000 hrs. on it and you have a good Cat. Don't try that with a Komatsu. 2.) Parts availability - Cat parts are universally available and in most cases, next day - same day 3.)Most mechanics agree that it is easier to work on Cat's than most other products. I used to think other manufacturers made replacement parts that were less expensive, but after talking to a guy who own Deere dozers, I changed my tune. Remember, if it's down, it won't make you a dime. Operators either.
well, cat does make a great machine. terex ts-14's are not cats. they do, in fact, compete favorably with them when the going gets soft. as for quality, there are many. MANY '14's running around here. a decent wrench can keep a fleet of them running fairly easily. i have seen front engine/trans swaps done in the cun in under a day.
Vapour That would be generally considered true, especially in harder going the extra weight of the 27 is going to be a big advantage when loading. BUT in soft going and climbing the lighter 14 is going to steal the march, the 14 has an advantage on manouverability, as well I think the 27 is a better stand alone machine. The TS14 would be better in a fleet of 3 or more either push pulling or with a pusher. Does anyone know the lb/hp of these machines? This should verify the superior performance of the 627. Does any one know the Hp/ gallon (US)/ hour of these machines? This should verify the TS14s superior economy.
TS-14's, especially earlier models, are CHEAP TO RUN. TS-14A, B, C do not have the sophistication that 627's have and consequently are EASIER TO WORK ON AND FIX. They will work in ground conditions which would bog a 627 to the axles as they have a lighter footprint. On the downside, the ride is rougher and sticky clay will build up in the curve of the bowl floor. TS-14's are a cheap and reliable earthmover and have a place in the earthmoving spread. The WabcoMan (with over 4000 hours seat time on various TS-14's)
You would be surprised what 27's will go threw with the right operators in the seats, we have ran dbls threw mud up to the door, and we have ran triples threw conditions worse then that! I dont know if you guys have ever heard of interstate 370 that runs threw illinois and missouri but most of that highway sits down in the mississippi river bottoms, and kolb built tht using 10 37's and 12 27's. And the whole thing was built with sand that was being dredge and pumped out of the mississippi river. It took a D8L pushing and a D9h with a hook on the back to get the 37's threw the cut and get them loaded, but the 27's would push pull right threw it.
a 627 weighs 83,000 lbs empty and a TS 14 weighs 63,000 lbs empty
So you ran them through mud about 3 feet higher then the belly pans. That would leave you with about a foot of tire sticking out of the mud. Belly pans riding on mud equals flotation, flotation equals loss of traction........tell us another one......your nose is growing....AGAIN.
Horsepower to the pound, Cat 627G 145 Ib per HP. TS14G 183 Ib per HP. thats of the current spec sheets. so the cat has 20% more power, but is the fuel useage only 20% more ???
If I was doing what vapor described i would make sure the mud was pumped onto a basin with a hard flat base that way machinery could push pull through some really deep muck, as long as the muck was reasonably fluid, flotation would not be an issue, just traction. The big fun would be in the fill, what did they do there vapour?
Hahaha, yeah, but if the mud was that fluid, you might as well pump it....LOL. That also puts the mud almost half way up the grill.....1/3 anyhow. So, how did you keep the rads from plugging right up? Didn't you have issues with the trannies overheating as well? they would be completely submerged and caked solid.
Alco im pretty sure we have talked before and come to find out you are a mechanic that has spent zero or very few time on a scraper, im sure you are trying to work on your 1000 loads per one D10!!! And we would pull into are cut and the mud would go up to the door, and the front push block and belly pans were dragging threw mud. So you all are saying you have never seen scrapers in mud deeper then the belly pan??? We would get a load of dirt a waller threw mud belly pan deep. Here's a queston have any of you ever ran a trackhoe threw mud before??? And when you went threw it was the mud deeper then the belly pan??? I think you need to think about this a little bit more!!! LOL Ive seen dozers go threw mud 4 foot deep, but according to your guys theory there is no way they would of been able to get threw it since there belly pans are only 3 feet off the ground, it must of been magic!!! One more time in case you DIDNT GET IT!!! Just because the belly pan of the tractor is dragging threw mud, doesnt mean that that you are not getting traction, but then again if you have never been around mud you dont know. How many loads you get today alco 2000??? LOL
It's amazing how someone with so little knowledge of someone else can judge them....isn't it? I guarantee I've been around, and moved far more dirt and mud than you have.....fact. Have fun in your own little world.....too bad there is no reality there. Oh, and when you try and come back at someone, try and get your facts straight.
My facts are straight, you even said that you have no time on a scraper before, you have just worked on them, and now you work in a mine, so you have no clue what its like to move dirt with scrapers! After are little debate on how many loads a D10 and scrapers can get in a 10 hr day, i had 3-4 guys send me private messages saying you didnt have the slightest clue, and said they have been on big dirt jobs before and never even heard of 1000 loads a day out of 1 D10!!! So go ahead and think what ever you want, im moving this type of dirt everyday, with 15 631's 4 627's and 10 john deeres, are you working around the type of equipment we are talking about??? NO! And i have spent 5 years on a 27 and have ran 31's and 51's before, so i know what they can and cant do. And it sounds like you dont. But i will give you one thing, you are proably a much better mechanic then me!
Alco, How about a big shroud on the front of the front radiator right behind the bail, and side covers on the rear engines, where I come from we run with our belly guards on, so most of the mud is going to stay out of the engine bays as long as you keep moving forward. There would be problems as you describe but if the jobs got to be done you run what you brung. The most sucsessful people in earthmoving always find a way around problems, Im here to learn from them. enough with the negativity and defeatism.
I don't believe I ever said I had no time on a scraper before. I do have time, but I chose not to run them whenever possible since I just plain didn't like it. I spent 5 years working with a scraper spread, running buggy, pushcat, grader, finish dozer, hoe, truck, and other machines as well as fixing them. So, as you can see, you DO NOT have your facts straight....as usual. Once again, you have the facts of the whole conversation wrong. I was talking about a spread with a D11, not a D10 in a 12 hour day, not a 10 hour day pushing 6 651Es in a short, very steep downhill cut. The buggies were loaded and moving within 50 feet, the cat hardly had to move except to backup and grab another buggy that was planted beside him. As to any PMs you may have received.....they don't matter to me in the least. You also had several people post in the open that you didn't know as much as you thought. Once again, am I working around that equipment now? No, I'm not, I chose a nice cushy job where I make tons of money, work half the year, and am home every night. But that doesn't negate the fact that I spent 5 years chasing a scraper spread both running iron and fixing it. I know what scrapers can do, and I know a few things people argue tooth and nail about that they say won't work, that worked very nicely for us. Now, you say you'd pull into a cut and would be up to the door in mud, but the pushblock would only be dragging. Fact of the matter is, the pushblock is a fair bit lower than the bottom of the door, it would be buried, not dragging. As for belly pans not floating a machine, sorry bud, but it's like putting on skis. The belly pans slide over the top of the mud as they get pushed down into it, this causes the machines to lift a bit, which lessens the traction achieved by the tires. I've seen buggies in mud that wasn't even up to the bumper, that had to be pulled out because of this effect....which is simple physics by the way. Wallowing through mud belly pan deep is about 3 feet less than having it up to the door....bit of a difference there. I've spent time in mud that you wouldn't even begin to understand with a dozer and a hoe. Ever worked in a tailings pond? It's a whole different ballgame on tracks than it is on tires in the mud....think about that, but don't hurt yourself.
Guards to deflect the mud would help I would imagine, but it's still going to come down to traction. I agree with the run what you brung statement, that's what we always did. But I won't stand by and watch someone post such ridiculous comments when they are so obviously not based in reality. I'll keep calling them as I see them.
In my country we put big scoops on our buggies so the mud goes THROUGH the rad. It cools so much better than just air. But if the mud is deep enough enough we prefer to pump it through the engine instead of water with some special mud pumps. Our engines run cooler so we can get twice as many hours out of them now. As long as the mud is below the beacon on the top of the cab we'll keep going. It is imperative to be able to see the beacon at all times. That way if the beacon stops moving the foreman know its time to send a canoe out. Now seriously I have hauled slop that should have been pumped. It was the stuff at the bottom of a pulp and paper mill lagoon. A drop of that stuff on bare skin burned pretty bad. It was commonly known as loon sh-t.
Alco, Vapour wrote he was winching 37s with a tractor and triple running 27s eg, one in and two out of the mire, traction problem solved all round. Try standing by and reading what people are writing before you jump their bones, then you can call it how it is, not as you see it. What is it with Cat scrapers every bodys like a long tail cat in room full of rockin chairs, runnin too hard, too much financial stress??!! I think I'll go with the 14, slower, cheaper, less reiable (more time to fish), and easy to fix. Off the subject a bit, Liquifaction pushed up by the Christchurch earthquake here on Feb22. Silt, sand and water out of broken sewers, I'm SO greatfull it wasnt up to the belly guards. This stuff is nasty, stinking, wet an running all over the place one day, next day still stinking, but hard as a goats knee, you couldnt leave it in a truck body for more than an hour otherwise it had to be dug out. We handled it alll with a road trucks, wheel loader and wheeled excavator, no place for a scraper especially an elevator with worn out chains. Abscraper you usin LED beacons? Those course fin rads work a treat dont they. What do you do when it hits the fan?? If your engine got hot you may have a problem with clay liners!! They recon an air filter doesnt work right until its more than 50% full!!
You're right I need to install mud sensors on those fan blades I guess. That way they know when they can take a "breather" and let the mud work for em. As far as an engine getting hot it wouldn't if it was buried in mud. Are you ever hot buried in a barrel of ice cream?
Scrapers in ice cream Now youre talkin.
Can you show me where he said that? Because that's not what he said. I read what people say before I post on it, and what he said was: I fully believe the 37 story with push and pull cats, but two 27s push pulling through mud up to the door is a fantasy. Now, triple running through a short mud hole is possible, but that's not what he' described, so I stand by my assessment. I've been there to recover 27s out of short mud holes that weren't that deep when they tried to push pull through them, and I know it doesn't work.
Vapour 300 Posted this @ 06.21.2011 1134pm You would be surprised what 27's will go threw with the right operators in the seats, we have ran dbls threw mud up to the door, and we have ran triples threw conditions worse then that! I dont know if you guys have ever heard of interstate 370 that runs threw illinois and missouri but most of that highway sits down in the mississippi river bottoms, and kolb built tht using 10 37's and 12 27's. And the whole thing was built with sand that was being dredge and pumped out of the mississippi river. It took a D8L pushing and a D9h with a hook on the back to get the 37's threw the cut and get them loaded, but the 27's would push pull right threw it. I take he has had 27 up the doors doubling but in the 370 job he tripled them. I may be mistaken about the 37s being winched by the 9 , but down under if a tractor has a hook on the back the hook is usually on the end of a winch rope. either way with an 8 behind he will need to keep his beacon going so the canoes can see when they stop for icecream. This is all getting too trivial im going to cool down in the mud with Abscraper.
Anyone that has ran 27's before knew excatly what i was talking about (showpony) The lead scraper would pull down threw the mud and get stuck, then the back scraper would come in right behind him and push him out and up on higher dryer ground, and the back scraper would tightin up the bail and start cuttting, loading the rear scraper first, down in the mud, (that was up to the door) you have proably never even seen that done ALCO. When you dig a lake you start in one corner and you dig it to grade so the water has somewhere to drain, then you start working your way to the other side cutting grade as you go, its a lil tougher to load since your always going up hill but thats what we had to do since all we had was 27's. So we dug one corner to grade and water started coming in on us, so we started loading the back scraper first, then after he took a cut out of the mud the front scraper would load up on the high side. You understand yet ALCO, or you need a pic???
Whether I understand or not isn't the issue. The issue is that I don't believe very much of anything you say, and most likely never will.
LOL thats ok, just like your 651's going 50 feet and getting 1000 loads a day, pretty sure everyone that sees that knows you dont have a clue. First off if they were really going 50 feet 3 651's would me more then enuff, if you had 6, 4 of them would be sitting most of the time, And really if its only 50ft you should be pushing it with the 11, not pushing scrapers, but hey what do i know right.
Loading the buggy in 50 ft is a bit different than the haul distance, but I wouldn't expect you to understand. It's becoming obvious that reading comprehension isn't your strong point. I think I'll stop now, as it's becoming very obvious that you are at a significant disadvantage when trying to discuss reality. As others have openly pointed out in the past, not as much as you think you do.
Holycow on a 10 hour shiift those 51s are cycling every 108 seconds, that means Alco is picking up an loading one every 36 seconds. that pusher must have LED beacons. ALCO you are a legend. Vapour wheres Alco's post on this, Ive got to see it!
What's the point of all this? Just agree to disagree and get on with life.
Showpony, I can see math isn't your stong suit either. Maybe you should read what's posted before jumping all over someone....hmmm, where have we seen that before?
In my area guys we would just put the gloves on and settle this once and for all. but I was thinking they could make a reality show out of this post
I cant remember where he posted that at but ill see if i can find it! And im positive i know a lil more about scrapers then you do, an the fact that your still arguing that 1 D11 and 651's can get 1000 loads in a day is awesome.
I won't bother to voice an opinion on this other than to say I think you guys really should just stop kicking this poor dead horse.
Awww, c'mon Brian, this is fun. Every post he claims I said something different....it's entertaining!
Kicking it is too tame. Blow it up. Some guys I know had a cow that died on them so they dragged it to the pasture and put it over a hole full of dynamite. The videoed the explosion. I'll spare the details of the sight but the last frame was one of the bystanders turning away and puking. Yup blow it up instead of kicking that horse.
LOL! How did i say you said something different??? I explained to you how to load 27's throu mud, then stated that 1000 loads a day was impossible. Then you started making excuses.
the scraper thread is always ripe with conflict..i will go with the more experienced folk here and stand back and let you fellas go at it.
Try doing some reading of all the different things you posted, and if you still can't see it, take some reading lessons.
Been reading all the Mud stuff, I have spent a few years working on bulk muckshifts in the U.K., it sort of rains a good bit here which causes some tough going, 1 job I had to do when the order was "Run Em" after a good soaking, was to cut off or remove the mud wings before the tires set on fire or burst through mud build up between the rubber and iron, I used to hate it as every part of the scrapers used to become stuffed with muck.
Starting out comparing scraper prices and gettin to muck, sounds like contracting to me. Nothing wrong with lively debate. Draglines and Tracked dumpers are the best muck machines I know of, other than a pump which I dont think counts as you don't usually have an operators station on a pump. Anyone got a better solution?
Showpony; Let the CHEAP mongrel opposition work in the mud and you go fishing
I hope that is not a swipe at me Aussie Leroy, I know this tread is now way off its target, but I could add the first scrapers I would cut the mud wings off was the TS 14's, they would make the cut workable, we might be CHEAP in the U.K. but Mongrel I think you are some distance from the truth with that quote.
Lee you bring the bait, and gear, I'll do the boat and beer. I,ll make sure we have a good GPS to keep us off the mud.
tctractors; No mate not having a swipe at you at all. Just been undercut to often always end up in the mud (been the wetest year this year in 25 years where i live)
Aussie Leroy, this Earth we live on is the oddest place, Because it usualy rains on any day ending with a Y in the U.K. I carry a towel and 2 sets of clothing, but this year its been bone dry, the rain has been nothing in the lower part of our rock, the winter was a right nightmare, it killed a big old Aussie tree in my garden that bears love, the constant minus temps of up to -20 realy sorted the men from the boys working outside fixing Dozers, I would like to think I can stick crap longer than most, but Dec 25th was just to cold, I was glad of the day off without looking a softy, bulk muckshift using over hung scrapers now in the U.K. is not the common thing with only 4 to 5 small teams working, there is still plenty of tractor and box's on the go and this is a regular earner for me, the high drive tractors are laughed at by most owners running D8 size and above kit, as not enough earning power and alcoholic need for fuel, so I still find plenty of D8K work, the D6R thing is again tempered with a hate (not mine) of the dash 2 and newer kit with there very poor service life compaired to the 3306 powered units that can be fixed so easily, running scrapers in bad muck and rain is the toughest job going, when I worked on a Scraper team the only thing I longed for is a full nights sleep, this I never seemed to get.
tctractors;Tell me why are the high tracks not liked and the D8K is so good, in my part of Oz you don't see that many 8K's compared to 8N's > 8T's. I have watched plenty of RolyD8K's video's of 8K's and boxes it always looks cold,snow,rain,and mud. Those tractor do a great job, In the UK you must have to warm them machines up for half an hour before starting work I can not comprehend working on spanners in minus 20c ,in my area is classed as cold in Oz and it has day temps of 5c to 45c never below
A.L. the cost of a High Drive plus the often poor track life and weight thing compound to make the K series tractor a good money earner, I often work for some real money rotten people that get told by their bank that the safe is full untill the truck comes to make some space???, so the actual cost of the big high drive unit realy is not an issue, its the earning thing that keeps the old bangers working, after buying a knackered D8K for around £25'000 and going through it a bit possibly spending another £25'000 (repair= full tax deduction) the old banger can soon start turning a profit, if they are hooked up to an hydraulic box (pan) or a cable style one its becomes a cheap outfit, string box's are still found for £4'000 and less in the U.K. with good boots on (rubber bits), all you need is a soil strip job with a tip each end of the site to realy turn out some good yardage, a great way to make cash.
tc; I'll look you up when i come across to the uk i would love to run a D8K and box if that's ok??, Cheers Leroy
Leroy, make sure you do, I would be more than happy to give you a bit of a look see and try this bit of a banger. tctractors
tctractors ; You have an absolute garantee that i'll be there, i just have to go and see showpony in NZ first Cheers Leroy
vapor Interstate 370 runs from I-270 to I-70 in Missouri only. I think you might mean Interstate 270. Back when they were building I-370 I hauled a lot of Code "L" Lime to Dave Kolb Grading out there by the Missouri River in St. Charles. Also I hauled alot lime for the I-255 project back in the day also. Not trying to stir anything here just that I-370 runs in Missouri only.
yeah i got a lil confused, and you proably hauled the lime out there whenever they were capping the sand with 3ft of black dirt
my understanding is the terex machines break more, and you can't get parts nearly as fast as you can with cat.
like any machine it depends on the guy running it. we had a job with a lot of terexs running. most of the machine ran fine except one. the guy beat on to much and it always was by the mechanics truck.
We've only ever owned 2 scrapers at a time. We always used to have Terex TS-14s and they were always better than Cats in soft situations, but you always get guys who didn't know how to shift them that would take out the transmissions. We traded them off for 2 Cat 627Bs and the Cats move more dirt hands down. Theres just more power, and better serviceability.
I got to say, how can these guys even compare the TS14's to the 627's. Not even close. And I have worked on both the Cat is built like a Sherman tank and the Terex is built like a Cub Cadet lawn tractor. In hard work you will just kill those TS14s
Thats a simple Question they are an underpowerd heap of rubbish worst scoop I've ever operated I put 500hrs on a brand new one frustrated the whole time.