https://photos.app.goo.gl/4m3EDdRDaQLYRwcZ9 Hope the picture comes up! It's the second time we have broken a front rim on John Deere 644k... Machine does load trucks non-stop 18 hours a day, nice full 17,000 lb buckets... I've been beating on front end loaders for 30 years and I have never broken any rims... Could this be caused by aggressive direction changes not using the brake? Maybe these things are supposed to be retorqued at certain intervals? Maybe it's just crappy workmanship and materials..(which is what I'm thinking) Any knowledge passed on greatly appreciated, Big Mike
Welcome to HEF ! I have no clue. Sorry. This is his wheel.
You don't say how many hours on those rims, but I bet it's a lot. Probably a fatigue failure which happens over time. I personally would not weld that given the suspected failure mode.
I would guess with the heavy weight and flexing of the wheels, eventually they fatigue.
Were both wheel failures on the same hub? I know those are supposed to be pretty snug fit.
Where'd my post go, Tinkerer? I posted his pic, too.
I don't know. I didn't mess with it ! I do know that I have typed replys and forgot to hit the --- Post Reply ---bar.
No. Post was there and then gone.
Oh oh. Another mystery !
You guys are confused.....the pic is in the Wheel Loaders section under the same title thread.... HeavyEquipmentForums
No confusion here. This is the result of posting the same thread in two different forums. Hopefully a mod will merge / move them somehow.
Thanks for clarifying that.
The rub is that I got here from my notifications, not from just grabbing a thread.