I saw a lot of John Deere equipments when in the US trip and seems they also have a nice reputation in this forum, I am curious why I couldn't see the John Deere excavator, wheel loader or other equipment in the Asia, while almost all of the other equipment manufactures have good performance in this region. Heard from one of the members in HEF that John Deere has an agreement with Hitachi which not allowed the JD come into Asia market, is that true? or it is just because the JD management made the wrong market strategy and lose the best time? They did estabilish a joint venture in Xuzhou last year to produce Excavator with non-Jonh Deere brand, but I don't think they can obtain much share in China market - It is too late. Any one know further information?
Good question... I have never really thought about it. I wonder if they have an agreement with Hitachi since they share certain lines of equipment like excavators and loaders.