Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Will 3306 bolt up in a 225

j.urian · 2020-10-13 09:51

Hi everyone, Brand new, first post, don’t know much about these machines. I found a 225 with a 3304 that’s all torn apart. Needs a complete overhaul including a new crank and cam. I haven’t been able to source these parts yet and was wondering if I found a good running 3306 would it bolt right up to the 225 hydraulic pump? Rather than piecing this puzzle of a 3304 back together. All input is welcome, thank you Justin

Replies1
  1. #1bunkclimber2020-10-14 11:27

    #1 measure if the actual engine will fit dimensionally length wise in the machine..width should be OK 3304 to a 3306,just two more holes in length.oil cooler on same side. # the engine bellhousing are standardised by the SAE, the round housings are different sizes tho(like SAE#1,2,3,4 and so on..) Measure across from bolt hole to bolt hole on a diagonal..see below.. https://www.sbmar.com/articles/understanding-bellhousing-and-flywheel-measurements/