Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

will my 580 ck lift a 2500# central boiler

onemank6 ยท 2012-08-08 22:36

Does anyone know what a 1970 580 ck loader will lift also what about the backhoe.Im getting ready to purchase a 2500# wood boiler and they want $150.00 to deliver and set it but i have a trailer and the 580ck and i am thinking of just doing it myself im just not sure if i can lift it or not.i would really like to use the backhoe but if i cant i will use the loader.If anyone knows anything about this please let me know thanks

Replies4
  1. #1robin yates uk2012-08-09 02:31

    most if not all loader/backhoes of this size will safely lift a ton.If you have any doubts about using the backhoe, remove the bucket and use proper safety chains or straps

  2. #2JDOFMEMI2012-08-09 12:48

    I don't know about the older one, but I used to set 4,000 lb sections of pipe with the hoe on my 580K. 2,500 lb should be not much trouble. Just make sure to use good rigging practices. I have seen people strap or chain through the bucket linkage and then cut the rigging by curling the bucket. Make sure not to do that.

  3. #3onemank62012-08-09 13:42

    That is what im hoping for i would rather set it with the backhoe easy to move around that way and as far as rigging i always use overkill anyway i have seen some stupid stuff myself and have done some to thanks for the help.

  4. #4CMSMOKE2012-08-09 14:38

    I can't find any specs. on a CK, but the front of a K supposedly would lift 5500 lbs./ the dipper on the hoe is rated at 4000 lbs.. This would be when the machine was new. I have never seen one capable of those numbers, especially on the hoe end, regardless of age. These figures are right from factory literature. The 580K was light years ahead of a CK so you be the judge. That being said, I would pay the $150.00 any day. Let them have the responsibllity of hauling, slinging and setting it. What happens if something goes wrong? Just my opinion.