Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Winch for TD-15C

basecamp ยท 2010-03-08 13:39

All, I have an IH TD-15C and have bee looking for a winch for it. I recently spied a TD-15A along the road with a Carco 50 winch. Will this winch work on my Series C? Are the hydraulic connections and controls the same or similar? The TD-15A's owner was not around but the neighbor told me it had a bad transmission and had been sitting a while. Hopefully he'll be willing to sell the winch if that's the case. Thanks for the help, Jim

Replies8
  1. #1pafarmer2010-03-08 19:13

    If memory serves me, an A vs a C should be compatible Really not totally sure if it will work or not but sounds to cool to let go of. Track the owner down and ask him. If it all falls apart i would be interested in the whole crawler. I happen to have a good motor for that particular crawler Semper Fi

  2. #2RDG2010-03-09 05:33

    We ran TD15 B/Cs back in NZ and they had a Carco F50 on them, this was a power shift winch. Rocko 59 at redpower magazine might have more of an idea what other models/makes will fit.

  3. #3rocko592010-04-04 03:27

    I've never heard of a TD15A, unless you mean the old TD15-150 and 151 Series that started on gas, they were all sliding gear mechanical winches on them. Any winch on a TD15b or c would fit, Carco F-50, 50 and 60 models, the 60's had some issues with the plug below the accumulator ports blowing out, which would cook the clutches because of less lube oil flow. I update them with a 1/4" NPT plug. Most of the later ones came with free spool, they have 2 control handles, they also came with a large semi-external band brake for lowering applications.The TD15E's have a Carco 70, totally different, the drum sits higher and they are a "new improved" design, the cable operated ones work pretty good. We had a hydraulically operated 70 prototype in the area, it was a complete pain in the butt, got quite well connected with the Carco engineers in repairing it.

  4. #4basecamp2010-04-04 07:58

    Thanks for the help guys. I hope to get back up to check out the machine in detail in the next couple weeks. It says 15A in the round decal spot on the tanks, but the nose is completely different from my 15C. The winch is a 50. I will post any new developments in case pafarmer wants to pick up the machine. He was asking 5K for the whole thing, but I don't need another dozer or another project.

  5. #5rocko592010-04-04 14:52

    Could you get some pics of it? I haven't seen one that say that on it. Do the hoses for the lift cylinders come out of the side of the rad guard?

  6. #6wnydirtguy2010-04-06 20:20

    basecamp if you are from the buffalo area I know a company that runs old td-15's. I think they had a winch on one or for one laying around. I haven't work for them in awhile but i can get their number to call if you want.

  7. #7basecamp2010-04-07 10:21

    Please send it along WNY. I am in the Hudson Valley, but am the weekend mechanic on my sister and brother-in-laws farm in CNY most weekends. Buffalo is not too far to go. Thanks

  8. #8basecamp2010-05-25 11:02

    Got a look at the machine, it is not a 15A, rather a 15-B as per the Serial Plate. The winch is a Carco F-50 with a plate on it that says Model # 44280-30. Is anyone reasonably sure that this will work on my Td-15C? It would be good to know before I plunk down the cash. Thanks.