Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

windrow door

sweepers ยท 2010-06-26 14:15

any suggestions or pictures on keeping the rear tracks clean when the windrow is open. we have a number of streets to pulverize,but when ever i pulverize {leave in place} my rear tracks fill up with material. I run a 2m bomag mill. The windrow door works perfectly but the tracks are a issue thank you

Replies5
  1. #1griz2010-06-26 19:23

    If you are talking about build up on top the track pad trying mounting a spray nozzle on the yoke and lightly mist the track pads should keep the material off. This works very good for cold in place milling, pulverizing not sure, but good luck.

  2. #2sweepers2010-06-26 21:19

    I never have a problem with anything sticking to pads.When rear door is open or in the raised position the milled material goes into the chains,drive sprockets and locks up the tracks

  3. #3bean2010-06-28 18:13

    We added some rubber on the rear tracks of a PR1000 to keep the crap out of the tracks I will try and get a picture sometime If I am near where its working.

  4. #4daddy2010-06-28 19:53

    A picture might help.

  5. #5bean2010-08-08 10:13

    Here are the pictures it took me a while to get them.