Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Windshield replacement questions jcb 260

Kater · 2019-09-01 15:42

JCB 260 2015 I shattered window, how to remove glass and can local replace glass? Do I need tinted glass? Can I order from Jcb and install? It’s a holiday.... Can I use without till its fixed (no ac obviously)? Rear view mirror...have not received quote...any comments of cost to repair?

Replies4
  1. #1Kater2019-09-03 10:55

    I talked to JCB today. Apparently the broken glass can be removed, and $100 piece can be glued back in. I can pick up the glass at JCB in Arlington Heights, Illinois... They charge by the hour to replace the glass. I am pondering and looking for HOW TO videos.

  2. #2Welder Dave2019-09-03 11:33

    Flat glass any glass shop can do but will be safety glass like a car windshield. OEM is tempered glass. I prefer standard safety glass because it can crack and won't shatter like tempered glass. It's also quite a bit cheaper. Doesn't take long to replace and not worth trying to do it yourself. It fits in the rubber seal around it. $100 is a good price for OEM but I suspect it is NOT the tempered glass like what was shattered. Some people will put lexan or plexglass in instead of glass if they are breaking concrete or doing other types of jobs were the windshield could be damaged and/or safety is a concern. Problem is it will scratch and if not the right type can get cloudy after a few years. If you're just doing dirt work you can run without a windshield. Lots of machines don't have cabs. Just take the door off and take it in.

  3. #3DIYDAVE2019-09-04 21:06

    The install on glue in is pretty fast and easy, but you only have a limited time to spread the glue, and set the glass in place. Have everything prepared in advance, is my advice.

  4. #4skata2019-09-04 22:28

    I just installed 2 windows on a jcb telehandler yesterday. I used 3m window weld. You can buy it at auto parts stores or even farm and fleet. Hardest part will be cutting the old glue down and prepping for new glass. Or just call a local glass installer. It's no different than installing a car windshield.