Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wiring diagram for the joystick

iron_eagle ยท 2025-07-31 16:03

Hello everyone. I need the wiring diagram for the joystick (CATERPILLAR PART # 461-3381). Thank you in advance for your help!

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2025-07-31 17:06

    See below. Please note this Part Number of joystick is used on a track-type tractor, a VPAT blade with Accugrade to be exact.

  2. #2iron_eagle2025-08-01 06:34

    thank you very much!!!!

  3. #3Nige2025-08-01 06:44

    On what machine are you using this joystick.?

  4. #4iron_eagle2025-08-01 06:47

    I'm just fixing the joystick, I don't know which machine it is. They only gave me the joystick.

  5. #5iron_eagle2025-08-01 06:49

    Liguei os pinos 1 e 2 do conector de 6 pinos com 10 V e consegui visualizar a forma de onda nos pinos 3 e 5. Video link of how it works:

  6. #6Nige2025-08-01 07:18

    I don't know if it makes any difference but the power supply on the type of machine this joystick is installed is nominal 24v DC. From what I know as you move the thumb roller from the neutral position the width of that PWM signal waveform should increase or decrease. The attachment explains how the joysitck should work when installed in the machine.

  7. #7iron_eagle2025-08-01 07:42

    Thank you very much for the pdf!!