Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

wont turn left or right

Jack Roch · 2023-10-17 20:23

I have a Grove amx50xt and it will do every thing but the boom will not turn right r left. any ideas ?

Replies6
  1. #1JEVANS2023-10-18 01:44

    Some cranes have a turret lock out you have to unlock first. Every time I left the seat or disengaged the saftey lock out lever, I had to press that button to unlock the rotate function of the turret. If I remember correctly though, you could hear the engine load up a bit if you tried to rotate without unlocking it, so I presume it was physically locking the turret, not just electronically isolating it.

  2. #2Jack Roch2023-10-23 12:32

    thanks for getting back. I tryed the over ride and that did not work. Do you know how many safety switch there are ?

  3. #3JEVANS2023-10-23 23:41

    No I don’t know how many safety switches are used, but I would think the over ride should Override them. I would figure out what circuit your dealing with and see if theres even power to it. Fuse blown maybe? Im assuming this is Electric/Hydraulic? I’m Not familiar with this machine specifically. If the coil is getting power then maybe a issue inside the hydraulic block? Does anything happen at all when you try to make it go? Any clicks or noises of any sort? Maybe as simple as a relay not working?

  4. #4Jack Roch2023-10-24 19:54

    There are 11 solenoids and I can't find witch one controls the swing. Every thing works but the swing. If you or anybody eles has a hydraulic schematics it will help. -- amx50xt-- The over ride is to control from the bottom out side. And that is how I can work every thing eles. And yes every thing works except the swing from the work platform. I checked the power from the platform and it is ok. If I could find the solenoid then I could go from there .

  5. #5JEVANS2023-10-24 20:40

    I can’t find anything about a amx 50 xt. Only thing I find shows a Amz 50 xt. Is there a possibility it won’t swing until its up a certain amount? Looks like in the pictures I see online, the boom wouldn’t clear the tires all the way down?

  6. #6Jack Roch2023-10-24 20:53

    This is true. There is a switch between the low and high boom and I fooled around with that and nothing happens. Tomorrow I will take that apart. and see if there is power.