Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Work gear. Anyone try Truewerk pants? What are you wearing?

fastline ยท 2021-01-17 15:04

I am getting to a point where I am just over the mobility issues of denim! I wear jeans plenty, but I do a lot of climbing and I am very flexible so I feel extremely restrained in denim. I did get into these "stretch" type denim jeans by Levi, which were pretty decent but I fight with them falling down. I stumbled into Truewerk pants online but have never touched them. I have issue spending $100 on pants I cannot even try on. I usually only buy clothes in person. I am wondering if there are similar pants to Truewerk that are in stores? I am looking for something that will stretch. I don't like or wear baggy. I prefer form fitting. But I also have to think about protection. Denim has literally saved my ass (fell back on sharp sheet metal very near a major artery) so getting similar protection would be preferred. I also don't want something that will melt to me but I might have to settle on that one. I don't work around fire all the time but my aunt worked in a burn unit so.....

Replies6
  1. #1Vetech632021-01-17 15:20

    I wear stretch band wranglers from walmart for $15 a pair. Add a belt and they work perfect for me.

  2. #2treemuncher2021-01-17 15:31

    Rural King brand jeans are under $10 pair. I usually buy $100 worth at a time to last me nearly a year or more. I find that the carpenter style allow more flexibility than the typical straight leg style. Almost as cheap as Tyvek suits without the stuffy feeling.

  3. #3mks2021-01-17 16:07

    I have a truewerk jacket. Bought when working outdoors on carpentry type jobs. The jobs went away. It is flexible , warm and breaks the wind well. A northern Illinois carpenter likes the product line pants too. Not cheap.

  4. #4Vetech632021-01-17 16:36

    I need some that have a 3rd leg.

  5. #5aighead2021-01-18 11:03

    Likely not what you are looking for but I found a brand, on Amazon, called CQR . I'm sure they're Chinese or some equivalent but I love them. They have a million pockets, ripstop fabric, a stretchy waist and are very comfortable. I'm not sure if they'd be flexible enough for you but I've not had any issues with them. I think they are like 40 bucks. I have 6 or 7 pairs, they are a little stiff until you wear and wash them a few times.

  6. #6JLarson2021-01-23 23:24

    I wear the Duluth firehose pants, it takes a year, year and a half for me to do any real damage to a pair. Even with heavy welding/grinding/cutting sparks and the clean up pretty well after oil and grease spils, and they do well against chemicals, short of sodium hypo and the real nasty acids.