I have been lurking around for long enough, I am finally going to start contributing pictures. I know how much i enjoy checking out everyone's pictures so i hope everyone enjoys mine. This excavator sits in a rail car and loads/unloads old sections of rail. It spit a track in the rail car... a miserable, long day in the rain
That looks like a pretty cool machine, and I was going to say, it looks like an east coast rail road, then I saw you are in Pennsy. What rail road are you working on? Looks like the old electrified commuter lines that go into Suburban Station.
It was an Amtrak line, the company we where doing the work for was a sub contractor and they where called Georgetown Rail Equipment. I am not exactly sure where the line ran but we where doing this job behind the Philadelphia zoo.
Removing the torque converter from a 990
Pre-delivery of a brand new 775G
775G ........... FFS they haven't got the bugs out of the 775F yet ........ !!! Nice pics BTW.
whos 990, i am from the same area?
I bet that was a lot of fun fixxing a track in those conditions. Good pictures keep sharing.
Who's the lucky customer of the new 775g? 990 almost looks like one of our quarry's old units. Thanks for sharing... I agree, that looks like a cumbersome place to put a track back on.:Banghead
775g is Hanson's quarry in Penns Park and the 990 is Hanson's in Dowingtown. More pictures to come.
980G for Birdsboro Materials(H&K) we had the engine and torque converter out. The machine was separated, the loader arms where removed and line bored. There was also a lot of smaller stuff like a new seat.
Sorry for the more quality of some pictures The line of machines waiting to be worked on or return rentals J.D. Morrissey D9h a coworker and I did steering clutches on last summer Kinder Morgan 769c engine, torque converter, front and rear suspension cylinders, used cabs where put on, and used dump bodies where put on. We had two of these trucks and i still don't know why all the money was put into them. There where both a lot of work but when they where done and painted they where pretty cool. My truck parked next to it
Hanson's 775G before it was finished and cleaned Field Follow 349E this left the shop in the beginning of the year and i believe it went to Allen A. Myers Brand new D6T LGP waiting for a pre-delivery and for the blade to be installed
Some brand new Bandit chippers. Don't know a whole bunch about these but when the the "beast" is running in the shop it is extremely loud.
Nice photos. Do you have any of the 769C after being painted?
Great pics, I am guessing you work for Cat. Haha. Looks a lot like the 349 Myers had on field follow last year. Have you guys sold many since they were offically released this year?
yup i work for cat how did you guess haha. With the 349 we sold 3 that i know of out of bensalem, I am sure we sold more but i know Anderson bought one and Walsh bought 2 of them.
I suspect you guys are getting (or have gotten now) a 938h with 160ish hours and metal in the oil filter and issues with the tranny. Hah... call it a hunch
JimBruce- I am not sure about the 938h ill look around tomorrow to see if it is in the yard anywhere.
Northeast Remco also bought one out of Hammonton, nice d-9h
Yeah I'm not sure what yard it went to. According to the guy running it, it had been shifting hard and would really bog down if carrying a full bucket. Cat field mechanic came out and looked at it, took an oil sample and then cut open the oil filter.. metal shavings. In other news, you guys busy this time of year? Probably got a lot of the trade in equipment getting shifted around too?
JimBruce- the 938h is in our shop now, it came Friday or Thursday afternoon. I am not sure whats going on with it yet once i find some more out about it ill let you know. As far as being busy goes, where steady/slow right now, a lot of rental equipment has been getting purchased which seems like it is normal this time of year. This way it makes room for all the newer stuff. Hopefully we keep steady through the winter and it picks up in the spring. I believe you said you work for myers? are you guys busy?
joep, do you no any Mechanics in your area looking for a job??
Joep, We're steady right now, come summer the Northern PA (Marcellus gas) projects will be kicking into high gear. I imagine we're probably one of the ones buying the rentals. Rumor has it we've got a few 349e's on order for the spring, hoping to get on one of them myself, but we'll see.