Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Working on a d65E-6

Dave Neubert ยท 2019-01-18 16:31

Iam in the process of resealing the sprocket Iam down to the big spanner nut that holds the sprocket on and I can't get it loose I have the retainer off and put my CAT spanner wrench on it used my crane to turn wrench had so much pressure on it that it left a 1/4 inch indent in the nut beat on it with pressure on it hit it with a pin knocker still nothing. Is it left hand thread maybe, anyone else have trouble getting the nut loose the next thing I will try is heat

Replies5
  1. #1John C.2019-01-18 21:56

    I can remember something about a tool that attached to the sprocket and we put the machine in gear to turn them loose with. That was years ago though and it might have been a TD25 instead of a Komatsu. I believe there is a gentleman from England on here that is an expert in all things final drive.

  2. #2tctractors2019-01-19 02:33

    Standard R/Hand thread on big hub nut, you can heat it up or just give it a few whacks around it to undo. tctractors.

  3. #3Dave Neubert2019-01-19 07:29

    I was at the point of breaking my spanner wrench and did not want to put any more pressure on it. I will try heat

  4. #4Dave Neubert2019-01-21 18:52

    Got it off today rosebud, crane on my spanner wrench, and 16 lb sledge hanner and pin knocker

  5. #5John C.2019-01-21 20:15

    Good Work!